What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newest Update

Kuane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the update with itunes and discovered my jailbroken ipad 2 was no longer jailbroken.................? Cydia and all its items and dl's I did are gone......???? Anyone have the same issue ??:eek:
I beleive its 5.1 update

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be right. There is, as yet, no JB for 5.1. Seems the advice is not to update unless you are sure you won't want to jailbreak as the next JB could be months away.

edwardallene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
shop.pchappy.com.au
My friend sought a help to put a jailbreak on his Ipad 2. Some of the files there were lost but they installed jailbreak all the files retrieved after all.Visit some sites for recovering your files. Hope it helps how to recover deleted files.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kuane said:
I did the update with itunes and discovered my jailbroken ipad 2 was no longer jailbroken.................? Cydia and all its items and dl's I did are gone......???? Anyone have the same issue ??:eek:
I beleive its 5.1 update

If you update the iOS on a jailbroken iPad you will most definitely lose the jailbreak however.......you might want to check out our hacking section as any details of an upcoming jailbreak will appear there first.

The Archangel

OP
K

Kuane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks peeps for the info...I guess I gotta wait till there is a good jailbreak for the new update. Oh well I still love my ipad 2. For those that wanted to know about the update here is the results, no cydia and all its contents, basically no foreign material outside of apple and itunes....lol. It does seem to be more responsive and quicker when switching between apps. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Most reactions