What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update ipad2 Wi-Fi 16gb to ios7

jesrani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it worth updating my jailbroken Wi-Fi only ipad to ios7? Will it take up more space compared to ios5?
Will itunes restore jailbroken apps also?
The iPad is used only by my kids for games and net browsing.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Grand Duos I9082 / Galaxy SL I9003

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 7 is roughly 400 or so MB larger than iOS 6. I don't have an iOS 5 device handy to check, but I don't think it would be that far off compared to iOS 6 as there weren't any drastic changes to iOS 6, so roughly about 500-600 MB difference in discrepancy for available usage.

Whether it's worth updating is up to you. iTunes will not restore Cydia tweaks as Apple is essentially "against it" in some ways. You may see some unwarranted storage space being taken up because of the jailbroken tweaks' settings and cached files as those are backed up in some cases, but the tweaks themselves, no. If you rely on several jailbroken tweaks, then it's best to stay on a jailbroken iOS as opposed to upgrading.

Most reactions