What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Software Update button

Walter1944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to update my iPad 2 from 04.10.01 to 5.1.1 so I can use iCloud. My iTunes are up to date and I can update apps but when I try to update or restore the iPad, it works for about 5 minutes and then comes back with a message "the iPad could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build". It shows no specific error code. It's a wifi/3g model but I have never jailbroken it, it just worked with other SIM cards so I assumed it was unlock when purchased in the US. I'm trying to update on a MacBook Pro.

OP
W

Walter1944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My laptop is on wifi and I've plugged the iPad into that and gone through iTunes.

OP
W

Walter1944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to say that there is no "software update" in Settings - General in the iPad.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My laptop is on wifi and I've plugged the iPad into that and gone through iTunes.

It is a very big update going from 4 to 5.1.1. Have you had a look at some of the trouble shooting threads to update to Ios5. Have you tried to reset your iPad by pressing the home button and power switch off? Also, try to close put your iTunes than start over. Have a look at this thread and see if this will help.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Most reactions

Latest posts