What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

connection kit issue...

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought a 5 in 1 connection kit for my ipad 2 and it won't work.
After a bit of research i found the following text...

"...Have you jailbroken your iPad 2 using JailbreakMe 3.0? Well, Lots of iPad 2 users are reporting that after jailbreaking iPad 2 with JailbreakMe [Moderator edit: removed link to external web site that wasn't JailbreakMe!], their iPad camera connection kit is not working. When iPad 2 users asked Comex about this issue then he replied that there is a known issue with the Camera Connection Kit and JailbreakMe. Comex has also tweeted that due to the Invalid Checksum, iPad camera connection kit is not working after jailbreaking iPad 2 with JailbreakMe 3.0...."

Another source said there was an update via Cydia to resolve the issue, but they have now withdrawn the update....

Can anyone help pls?

Last edited by a moderator:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Sounds like you need to jailbreak in order for the kit to work? Are you jailbroken?

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The other thing to look at is the kit itself. I am assuming, since it's called "5 in 1 connection kit" that it's not the official Apple one?

I ask because, to the best of my knowledge, the CCK problem with JailbreakMe 3.0 was fixed and it works now. I've heard no one saying their CCK doesn't work since that was fixed (it's now incorporated into the JailbreakMe process - so you won't find a separate fix).

So, it may very well be your hardware, not the jailbreak...

Marilyn

OP
B

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks to one and all for your quick and helpful replies...
It is one I bought on ebay...porbably a clone...but it does work on an 'unbroken' ipad 2...

Should i jailbreak my apad again (4.3.3) or will that affect the apps I already have?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find myself a little confused. In another post, you said you had iOS 4.3, so the general consensus was you could not jailbreak your iPad...??? How'd you jailbreak it so that you could ask this question?

Regardless. If your jailbreak was done since about the middle of July, chances are the CCK "fix" is already on it. So, re-kailbreaking probably won't help.

But, there's no reason not to try to see if a re-jailbreak will work IF - and ONLY if - you've saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. If you don't have those blobs, you can't re-jailbreak (in fact, you'll be forced to upgrade to iOS 4.3.5 during the restore process).

There, now that I've thoroughly muddies the waters -I hope some of this was helpful...

Marilyn

P.S. Still think it's that third-party CCK, TBH. But, that's just me...

OP
B

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thankyou Mickey330....I'm still new to all this and don't really know how to save shsh blobs...so maybe I'll leave well enough alone....

By the way I'd like to apologise for a previos post where I inadvertly left a link in...It was was due to ignorance and not disrespect....sorry!

OP
B

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...sorry....I should have answered your question re 4.3.3 jailbreak...

My local mobile phone shop did it...£20.

Wish I could explain how , but don't know

Most reactions

Latest posts