What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad with mystery hole next to camera

Dublins dad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen a prototype smart phone with a small projector, giving the ability to show a picture or video on a blank wall in a darkened room, it was about the size of a 19" tv screen. Could this be the reason for the extra hole?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's an x-ray camera that allows you to see through walls.

corncob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen a prototype smart phone with a small projector, giving the ability to show a picture or video on a blank wall in a darkened room, it was about the size of a 19" tv screen. Could this be the reason for the extra hole?
I might have suggested a microphone but I don't see anything like it on my New iPad. Have you seen it on other people's iPads?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NFC doesn't use a hole. It uses a loop antennae and a simple induction current for activation.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't pretend to know either. I'm am engineer in the Semiconductor business.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't pretend to know either. I'm am engineer in the Semiconductor business.

I think you also said there was no chance of a mini iPad when the suggestion was raised a long time ago. And on a separate thread you said that Apple lawyers fighting the patent cases against Samsung were on payroll, despite widespread reports and legal documents showing otherwise, that they are hired guns from law firms.

When I weigh speculation, I lean toward sources that have proven reliable in past.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mystery hole? You all just want to talk about any old orifice that comes along, don't you. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Most reactions

Latest posts