What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new iPad in november???

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm betting they will release a 7" iPad with a camera and her to compete with other upcoming tablets with more features, and this will happen within 4-6 months.
I'll take that wager! What are the stakes? If a 7" iPad comes out by March 1st, 2011, I'll buy you one. If they do not come out by then, then you buy me one when they do come out! Sound like a deal???

ikrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I'd gotten an iPad as soon as it came out. Then I'd have locked in an unlimited 3G plan. Instead I waited and now have the limited plan. :(

It's all right I guess but no more netflix over 3G for sure. I fly for a living so I'm always on the road, 3G was a great option when in-between the hotels, etc.

This is not exactly what you were asking about but I was just trying to make a point. Apple will not release a new iPad this soon, no way, they can't afford pissing off this many current iPad customers. I say get one now, if something newer comes out 3 months or so later they'll let you trade in.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really old news, I have had a camera on my iPad for a month

it's called my iPhone using "Camera for iPad" blue tooth connectivity. I am also a photographer and cannot imagine holding my iPad to my face and taking pictures with it. There are some real physical reasons why a built in camera is a pretty stupid idea for the iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's called my iPhone using "Camera for iPad" blue tooth connectivity. I am also a photographer and cannot imagine holding my iPad to my face and taking pictures with it. There are some real physical reasons why a built in camera is a pretty stupid idea for the iPad.

Stupid idea? Not. Impractical for some applications? Yes.

Have you ever seen a camera with such a big view finder? That alone is awesome, you could see the whole extent of the picture in details...

I could imagine a kind of web cam plugged into the port with high quality lenses. You don't move the iPad but that camera. Better still, a small wifi camera that saves directly to the iPad. No SD cards.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next gen iPad will have a camera, but only to support Facetime. No matter how you look at it, there is no real reason to come out with a new iPad until Spring. There is no real competition to demand it and adding features cost money. The 7" iPad would be introduce at the same time. I like the concept, but there is a 50/50 chance it happens. Most of its sales would come at the cost of 9.7" iPad sales. I have no doubts that there is a prototype, but they would need a compelling case for Apple to bring it to market. it will need more than a smaller screen size to make that market case.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have actually SEEN this as well. All we have to do is wait patiently.....and like Marie said in one of her posts....I am ALSO not a patient person. LOL!!! :D :D :D

Lol! I'm really not. I want what I want and I want now. My mom used to say my problem wasn't with getting what I want, but wanting it after I got it.

What can I say.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is something on the whole camera thing and why whould apple bring out a new model before a year is up on the one they just bought out..

1-camera system is just plain foolish in a unit the size of the ipad ..yes it work in the iphone set up ..plus battie life apple worked really hard to get the battie life that it did on the ipad plus common sense says that way the give you a camera connection kit so at a later date to be able to mount a camera to the unit ..plus a camera is a waste of space and time and effort to have on the ipad ..

2-anyone with a good business sense is not going to cut there own throat by bringing out a newer model in less than one year after just releaseing the model they bought out ..that the first rule of a business

and we all know apple does not do a lot of socalled foolish business ideas when it comes to putting out products for the people to use..plus apple is not going to cut the goldern goose throat right now for it haveing a hard time keeping up the demand for the large ipads and iphones,,

yes i understand the socalled hype about maybe bringing out a smaller model ..but why when your sales of this model is going through the roof right now ..along with this fact how long did apple work on the socalled ipad project before releaseing it ..

OP
galloschramme

galloschramme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you may be right of course!
- most OS X devices are updated on average in 7 months
- all iOS devices are updated in 12 months

so no new iPad till march? (± 12 months)
or new iPads in november (± 7 months)

Most reactions