What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new iPad in november???

galloschramme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve said at the (sept 1st) event:

- iOS 4.2 comes to the iPad in november
- iOS 4.2 brings HDR-photos to the iPad

there must be a camera on the iPad to make pictures, right?
so i guess together with iOS 4.2, a new iPad will see the light, this time with a camera, facetime, all the iOS 4 features and maybe some other stuff

several rumors which predict a smaller iPad at the end of the year confirm my thoughts

what do you think?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The HDR photos will be taken by the iPhone and maybe new iTouch.

I think there will be software to display them on the iPad. He didn't say anything about a new iPad, just that the 4.2 iOS will bring everything/function from the iPhone to the iPad.

OP
galloschramme

galloschramme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The HDR photos will be taken by the iPhone and maybe new iTouch.

I think there will be software to display them on the iPad. He didn't say anything about a new iPad, just that the 4.2 iOS will bring everything/function from the iPhone to the iPad.

ofcourse he didn't say anything about a new iPad, because nobody will buy one till the next one is finally there ;)

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This would have been the time to announce it in order to build demand for Christmas.

Are people honestly in this big a rush to have their current device made obsolete or outdated a few months after initial release?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...new iPad won't be announced until March..(..ish). (maybe). I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd gen isn't announced until next september.

The Apple product cycle really isn't that complicated....

OP
galloschramme

galloschramme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have an iPad, but i'm planning to buy one soon, so i have no money spent yet ;)
the point is: i can wait till the end of the year, but i can't wait till next year
so should i buy an iPad now, or wait and see what happens?
the point is that i'm planning to use it with the recently announced AutoCad app, and i think 256 MB of RAM won't be enough, maybe i should wait for the next gen…
and what about the rumored 7" iPad? november or next year?
i don't think it will take that long, because the competition is coming up

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would put a significant sum of money on the fact that no new iPad will be announced before next year.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

so i guess together with iOS 4.2, a new iPad will see the light, this time with a camera, facetime, all the iOS 4 features and maybe some other stuff

several rumors which predict a smaller iPad at the end of the year confirm my thoughts

what do you think?

Whoa boy! ( or Girl ) You are reading too much into it. It has been long known that there will be a camera version of the iPad.....but NOT for QUITE a while yet. Probably a year from now when they do the yearly refresh designs.

:D

Get it now. If you keep constantly waiting for the next and greatest version then you will get no where whatsoever. Buy now and enjoy!

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have an iPad, but i'm planning to buy one soon, so i have no money spent yet ;)
the point is: i can wait till the end of the year, but i can't wait till next year
so should i buy an iPad now, or wait and see what happens?
the point is that i'm planning to use it with the recently announced AutoCad app, and i think 256 MB of RAM won't be enough, maybe i should wait for the next gen…
and what about the rumored 7" iPad? november or next year?
i don't think it will take that long, because the competition is coming up

If you hold off on purchases waiting for the next best thing or next generation of a product to come out that will be even better, you'll end up never getting it.

There's always going to be a better version come out after you buy something, it's the nature of the game.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

what do you think?

Whoa boy! ( or Girl ) You are reading too much into it. It has been long known that there will be a camera version of the iPad.....but NOT for QUITE a while yet. Probably a year from now when they do the yearly refresh designs.

:D

Get it now. If you keep constantly waiting for the next and greatest version then you will get no where whatsoever. Buy now and enjoy!

See? What I was saying.

Royster14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Believe The New iPad will be announced next year in April and will be released in Winter time 2011. Because if they will announce it now just after 5 months of its release no one will buy another iPad and there prices will drop so Steve jobs shall wait for a year before the release of a new 1 :D

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are people honestly in this big a rush to have their current device made obsolete or outdated a few months after initial release?

I know, right?? $904 and only three months later, I'm in no hurry!:)

and that all you spent so far my dear on your lovely ipad there ..iam say old girl it not very up class as a Barrister there my dear ..what is the other Barrister going to say when you not beening paying the jones game that the play in the powder wig and coats ..

Most reactions

Latest posts