What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New IPAD Air or Alternative....can't decide!

Bluebond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 which I got when they first came out. Love my Ipad even though the camera broke about a year ago and couldn't be fixed. I'm in sales and use my Ipad for everything while out in the field. Not having office, I have found a few applications that I've gotten by with. That said, there are some new products out from Microsoft that are more like a small laptop that have office and seem more business friendly. I also hate mot having flash even though everyone says flash is being fazed out.

I'm not too saavy with applications and there are still things I can't seem to do like save brochures and other business materials to send out to customers etc.

The service from Apple has always been remarkable and I love the genius bar so I'm inclined to stick with Ipad....just wish it was more business friendly....

Any feedback?

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 which I got when they first came out. Love my Ipad even though the camera broke about a year ago and couldn't be fixed. I'm in sales and use my Ipad for everything while out in the field. Not having office, I have found a few applications that I've gotten by with. That said, there are some new products out from Microsoft that are more like a small laptop that have office and seem more business friendly. I also hate mot having flash even though everyone says flash is being fazed out.

I'm not too saavy with applications and there are still things I can't seem to do like save brochures and other business materials to send out to customers etc.

The service from Apple has always been remarkable and I love the genius bar so I'm inclined to stick with Ipad....just wish it was more business friendly....

Any feedback?

Why not have both?

I love my Surface Pro and my iPad 3.

The SP replaced my laptop (and has replaced my desktop for most tasks) and the iPad is still an excellent source of entertainment.

Together (and with the help of AirDisplay) you have a portable 2 monitor studio.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a tough question. It really depends on "your" needs and not mine =]. Both of them serve different roles.
If I "had" to choose one, the very last device I would give up is the SP because it can easily fill the role of a tablet, whereas my iPad can't fill the role of a business-class laptop.

However, I would honestly do what I could to keep both.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.....I would look beyond the box with the iPad..... I use my 99% time for business needs plus personal. It is about apps and how to use them

In order to answer your question please provide what you need to do in your business as this assists us in providing the correct advice.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.....I would look beyond the box with the iPad..... I use my 99% time for business needs plus personal. It is about apps and how to use them

In order to answer your question please provide what you need to do in your business as this assists us in providing the correct advice.

I agree. It really is up to the user. As far as work, it depends on what programs your company uses.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To me bloated ms office is old regardless of platform. It is funny as I sell entry level win 8 pcs and more than 50% customers down loaded open office as it is free

My point is simple the iPad can handle most business documents without issue. There are exceptions yes and that is when a laptop or all in one PC or Mac comes in. The. Bottom line is what the user wants and needs to achieve. If the shoe fits wear it. Buy what you need,

furiku sho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and still love it. It still does what I need. The only problem is crashing when online from low memory.
If I were to purchase a new tablet, I would lean towards a Surface pro making sure I can still connect to my Wi Drive.
The Surface seems to have better file transfer with direct connect to USB drives. I Like that.
The only MS Office programs I use are Word, Publisher, and Excel.

That would be the only differences for me.

Apple need to get rid of the iTunes interface. It is just too lame. Especially for file transfers.

I like Open Office for the Draw feature.....Open Office has a tablet app? How cool would that be?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts