What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released!

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like greenp0ison is coming out with their own tethered JB. Not sure why they don't just skip it, unless its a required step prior to an untethered one

I keep hearing that people who used 4.1 have to save their SHSH blobs on Cydia prior to updating to 4.2.1 to ensure an untethered JB is possible when it *is* finally released.

But since

a) 4.2.1 was the first version of iOS4 for iPad
and
b) iPads aren't locked to a provider in the first place (right?)

We don't have to worry about this SHS blob TinyUmbrella backup process, correct?

I'm just concerned because I'm pretty savvy about my iPhone, but I'm new to the iPad world (thanks Santa!)

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so guys, there is still none full working untethered JB for 4.2.1? when expected we can have it?

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running 3.2.2 jb.

Should I upgrade and jailbreak or should I keep 3.2.2 jb?

Dahabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^^both of you are lucky...wait on updating it until a legit jailbreak comes out...

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only reason to update is if you want multitasking vs a jailbroken iPad. I didn't get a choice. Mine came with 4.2.1 on it

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine had 3.2.2,just screwed it when tried jb with limera1n,had to update to 4.2.1, now waiting for untethered jb...

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is jailbroken on 4.2.1 and I absolutely love it. And actually, with the "free memory" option, I didn't even restart my iPad since I jailbroke. So for me there's no rush to get an untethered jb :)

Most reactions

Latest posts