What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

Splawkin19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two pet peeves: I do not like that pesky land scape orientation on my iPod touch fourth generation. It's hard to text when the orientation keeps switching on me. Also, I want an iPhone and cannot pay for it, so I am annoyed.

MemphisMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am being bombarded by two things every night. The first is the bush my car sits under drops a sticky residue and the other is the branches that naughty birds sit on and aim for my car. Yugh!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

You just need a new car..

Last edited by a moderator:

MemphisMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a friend, who many years ago came up with this idea.

For $50, you go to the police department and purchase 3 special darts. Instead of having a sharp pointy end, it has a bulb with a special adhesive, which only the police have the solvent to.

In your travels, if you see someone being a jerk-off, you hit his car with a dart. It is now a flag to him and others to watch this guy. He then has to go to the police department and pay a hefty fine to remove your dart from his car.

Just to add insult to injury, after the third dart is removed, you're given a $15 ticket for being an idiot.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Silly people! I can't move my car because its my allotted space in a communal car park across the road. Our houses were born before cars were common. I've often tried to get hubby to put in a drive but he won't sacrifice his front garden.
My next peeve is teenagers who get up late and then miss their bus when their mummy has got up earlier to get them to the said bus stop and is now at work an hour earlier than needed. Sigh! And then to top that the teenager gives them grief for dropping them at the bottom of the hill so they can walk to the other bus top to wait another hour for the next bus to arrive. I'd have thought it was good exercise and punishment for making the parent get up early for no reason???

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Silly people! I can't move my car because its my allotted space in a communal car park across the road. Our houses were born before cars were common. I've often tried to get hubby to put in a drive but he won't sacrifice his front garden.
My next peeve is teenagers who get up late and then miss their bus when their mummy has got up earlier to get them to the said bus stop and is now at work an hour earlier than needed. Sigh! And then to top that the teenager gives them grief for dropping them at the bottom of the hill so they can walk to the other bus top to wait another hour for the next bus to arrive. I'd have thought it was good exercise and punishment for making the parent get up early for no reason???

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

So making sleepy teen walk to and from school,
uphill both ways, through swarms of locust, isn't an option? ;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup! Lol. She's talking to me again. Apologised for being grumpy. Unfortunately it's another early start tomorrow too. I can't wait for college to finish.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pet peev eh, lately it's been idiot morons who cannot play a game properly online and resort to cheating and a complete lack of netiquette .
Some people are so flipping childish that they have to break rules to think they can win, sometimes I wish there were games that penalized players for foul play and bad etiquette .

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People ( particularly young people !) using their phones while driving !!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I want to photograph them and shame them by putting pictures up around the town .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
People ( particularly young people !) using their phones while driving !!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I want to photograph them and shame them by putting pictures up around the town . Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

It's illegal here to use a phone while driving.....too many accidents were happening and there were even a few deaths.

But I still see people doing it all the time....it's just so foolish and dangerous!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some cities where I live have banned driving and phone use, but it's a shame that the entire state hasn't standardized this as a law.

My pet-peeve is drivers who slam on the brakes, slow down, turn and than...put their turn signal on!

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People who stand by pedestrian crossings having a chat and don't cross !

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People who think they know better how to get my work done, but then again wouldn't want to change with me.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People ( particularly young people !) using their phones while driving !!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I want to photograph them and shame them by putting pictures up around the town . Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf
That's not allowed in Austria. You have to pay a fine when caught. There are still drivers who use their phone.

Last edited:

Most reactions