What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In South Africa when I grew up, we had apartheid and UK wouldn't let us have tv so I grew up on good ol' USA tv. I played ten pin bowling. So when I met my hubby who played darts, skittles, pool and a fat belly from all that beer, he laughed and said you don't know bowling until you try on a pub skittles alley. The balls are solid wood and chipped to hell, and so are the 9 skittles. The alleys can be short or very long. The gaps between each skittle is huge but I've improved my game along with marrying him who is now slimmer and I'm the fatter (2 kids, my excuse) one. My family took him ten pin bowling and he made us laugh when the ball didn't leave his fingers but the laugh was on the other foot when he thrashed us and never let us forget it!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't like acronyms. You get so used to the acronym that you forget what it means in the first place. Working in education, there are hundreds of them.

Freezy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to stop cracking my knuckles. No real reason to do it, has become part of my reflexes :eek:

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
I get this! I smoked for over 25 years and this June will be the 10th anniversary of making my personal decision to stop that nasty habit. Besides, who can afford it now?

Oh, that's great to hear! I also think smoking is a disgusting habit as well; it stinks up the place, it stinks you up as well, and it's extremely unhealthy. Though for some reason, my 90+ grandmother smokes, and well...she's 90+ now, and she barely has any health problems except those related to her age.

Though I guess her immune system is especially strong.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this thread! I have a few pet peeves...

- when people forget to turn off their turn signals while driving
- when someone asks me where I want to eat..as in, they tell me to pick the restaurant...and when I do, they say something like "nah...let's go to _____ instead" ugh!! Seriously?? Why couldn't you just pick the place yourself in the first place???!
- in the movies, when the person sitting behind me kicks my chair. Really? Does your foot need to twitch that much??
- when the car in front of you slows down to make a right turn and they end up taking the entire lane as opposed to at least moving closer to the right so the cars behind him can pass him

I'm pretty sure I have more..but here's a few to start lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
people that say don't do this, don't do that etc, but then they do it themselves! annoys me something rotten!

Most reactions

Latest posts