What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate when I'm using my iPad people are freaking out like "OMFG ITS A F***ING IPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I TOUCH IT!?!?!?!?!?" yea.....that makes me p.o.'ed

This just happened to me like an hour ago!! It was so crowded I so didn't want to whip out my iPad ~ just seems so.....stuck up rich bitch? For lack of a better word. lol! I had to have sushi ~ and I had to do some research.

Within 10 min, and I knew they were going to come over to my table, cuz I heard them ~ three guys popped over to check it out! Then ~ the lady across from them also decided to join.

OMG. Just.shoot.me. I wished I had a handful of people from here in my purse to help me answer all their questions!

But ~ they paid for my lunch.:D

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This just happened to me like an hour ago!! It was so crowded I so didn't want to whip out my iPad ~ just seems so.....stuck up rich bitch? For lack of a better word. lol! I had to have sushi ~ and I had to do some research.

Within 10 min, and I knew they were going to come over to my table, cuz I heard them ~ three guys popped over to check it out! Then ~ the lady across from them also decided to join.

OMG. Just.shoot.me. I wished I had a handful of people from here in my purse to help me answer all their questions!

But ~ they paid for my lunch.:D

Cool. I usually don't mind showing it off and answering questions. I'm a techie anyway. Sometimes I think I would work well in an Apple Store because I love yakkin' tech, the iPad and helping folks. That might be fun, given my knowledge and customer service skills plus love of tech. But those stores, as nice as they may be, are noisy environments (on a level not unlike many busy fast food restaurants) and that won't go so well with my hearing impairment.

Of course I still get the "Is that a Kindle?", "But where's your mouse?", and "Is that some new phone?" questions. No it's not a Kindle. There isn't a mouse-it doesn't use one. Yep, it's the latest in smartphones. Here, put it up to your head like this when you want to make a call...

The best one was from a guy who I let handle my iPad: "Can you print with this?". In a manner of speaking, yes. There are limitations, of course. "Oh. But...." turning the iPad around and around, scanning along the edges furtively, "...where does the paper come out?"

There are times when a facepalm just isn't good enough.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hate it when you put them in the trunk of your car, they wont stop screaming, punching, and spitting. It ruins the whole experience. Hobos can be so difficult at time.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mind the looks and questions. Actually I enjoy it. I've always been the go-to person for tech among my family and friends so I'm used to it!

Reaction score
Of course! But isn't that a medical reason as opposed to a scientific one?

Medicine is science. The science behind it, is that there is too much sugar in regular soda so they drink diet. Diet coke with a burger is much better than water with a burger.

The chemicals in a diet soda interact with the transfat in the burger,bun and fries and turn into a carcinogen that has been proven to cause brain cancer in both rats and humans. This isn't one of those " rat ate the equivalent of 100 burgers per hour" studies either.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of course! But isn't that a medical reason as opposed to a scientific one?

Medicine is science. The science behind it, is that there is too much sugar in regular soda so they drink diet. Diet coke with a burger is much better than water with a burger.

The chemicals in a diet soda interact with the transfat in the burger,bun and fries and turn into a carcinogen that has been proven to cause brain cancer in both rats and humans. This isn't one of those " rat ate the equivalent of 100 burgers per hour" studies either.

Support Our Troops!

But you forget to mention that those burger eating rats were previously tested for problems with alcohol and tobacco and they were sleep deprived so their bodies were worn out.

Did you know that everyone that has ever eaten Cauliflower or will ever eat cauliflower will die or has already died? Don't need no rats to prove that the vegetable kills.

I say once you try one of my sirloin burgers with peppers and onions, with homemade sweet potato fries and home, made root-beer, you won't give a dying lab rats arse about the dying rats.

:D:D Bob :D :D

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
American bacon. Seriously - what the hell is that stuff really? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been near a pig in the last decade... If ever.

People who insist on using text speak and no punctuation in text messages. I've actually stopped dating someone because it irritated me so much, I ended up spending more time trying to decipher the nonsense they'd written than it took to write a reply. There isn't really a character limit anymore, and pretty much everyone here has unlimited texts.. Just write the bloody thing properly.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
American bacon. Seriously - what the hell is that stuff really? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been near a pig in the last decade... If ever.

People who insist on using text speak and no punctuation in text messages. I've actually stopped dating someone because it irritated me so much, I ended up spending more time trying to decipher the nonsense they'd written than it took to write a reply. There isn't really a character limit anymore, and pretty much everyone here has unlimited texts.. Just write the bloody thing properly.

I agree 100%!!

And ~

What is worse than THAT? Talking or typing that crap when you are NOT texting. Like u....ugh.

I am in a crabby mood. Sorry.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vienna sausages.

I mean, seriously, What the HELL are those all about? Huh? Assorted ground pig components in a ostensibly delightful rubber like meat flavored jello concoction?

Come on, get real. If you wanna sausage, go Bratwurst or Thuringian for God's sake!

Bet most of you had to Google Thuringian.

Bob

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coke in plastic bottles ticks me off. I mean, what the heck is that all about? Coke in anything other than a green glass bottle sucks. Come on Coke makers, we want the original stuff presented in the original manner. Comply or I'll post your secret recipe on some forum.

Bob

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Questions like "Does this leather halter make me look fat?"

Come on ladies, stop asking these questions because you have a full length mirror and the answer is quite often YES!

Peanuts also piss me off.

Bob

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree 100%!!

And ~

What is worse than THAT? Talking or typing that crap when you are NOT texting. Like u....ugh.

Yes! Finally someone says something about it! I just can't stand the laziness about writing that way. I always feel like replying :" If you can't take the time to write properly to me it's the same as saying you don't have time for me. From then on I'll have no time for u...":p

Most reactions