What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Yes! Finally someone says something about it! I just can't stand the laziness about writing that way. I always feel like replying :" If you can't take the time to write properly to me it's the same as saying you don't have time for me. From then on I'll have no time for u...":p

And lets take this a step backwards.... pet peeve #20034: People who "TALK" in text .... IE: actually saying "OMG" out loud. I mean really?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Coke in plastic bottles ticks me off. I mean, what the heck is that all about? Coke in anything other than a green glass bottle sucks. Come on Coke makers, we want the original stuff presented in the original manner. Comply or I'll post your secret recipe on some forum.

Bob

Sounds like another edition of "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears" by Peter Griffin. After sports on News at 11.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iVan said:
Yes! Finally someone says something about it! I just can't stand the laziness about writing that way. I always feel like replying :" If you can't take the time to write properly to me it's the same as saying you don't have time for me. From then on I'll have no time for u...":p

In that vein, it irks me to see EMAILS from people who composed them like they were sending a brief text message. I'm talking about a full length email "letter", if you will, using the letter "r" for "are" and the letter for "u" for "you", "m" for "am", "c" for "see", "2" for "too", as well as several other pathetic demonstrations of typing brevity.

REALLY? You spent ALL that time typing out all those other words in a two paragraph message and you couldn't find the time or the energy to add a "y" and an "o" to the "u" you used to shortcut "you"??? Wow. You really saved some time there, didn't ya? I'll keep you in mind next time I need someone to take my medical dictation. NOT.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

allans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.allansimpson.com
My utlimate pet peeve. People who ask me design questions that start with:
How hard would it be to do this....

I'm never sure to what degree of hardness i need to say. Whether it's hard or not, i'll still do it based on other perameters like cost and time. /end rant :)

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the road: some drivers goes ahead of you waiting for the light to go green , so they want to go ahead and yet when the light hits green. they stall!!!!!!!!!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
allans said:
My utlimate pet peeve. People who ask me design questions that start with:
How hard would it be to do this....

I'm never sure to what degree of hardness i need to say. Whether it's hard or not, i'll still do it based on other perameters like cost and time. /end rant :)

Just look down at your hands, shake your head and mutter "Oh no....not another weekend of bloody fingers and knuckles."

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In that vein, it irks me to see EMAILS from people who composed them like they were sending a brief text message. I'm talking about a full length email "letter", if you will, using the letter "r" for "are" and the letter for "u" for "you", "m" for "am", "c" for "see", "2" for "too", as well as several other pathetic demonstrations of typing brevity.

REALLY? You spent ALL that time typing out all those other words in a two paragraph message and you couldn't find the time or the energy to add a "y" and an "o" to the "u" you used to shortcut "you"??? Wow. You really saved some time there, didn't ya? I'll keep you in mind next time I need someone to take my medical dictation. NOT.

As long as you easily understand, why do you care how they choose to format their text? Because the sender didn't take the time to... to what? Make it readable? Now I can understand if it is unreadable. But I have no issue with ur or k or whateva... and y should I? Language is to communicate... if it does that job it has worked. And it evolves. Not worth gettin peev'd ova lil chit tho :).

Michael

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about those co-workers that send you an email and then run to you, disrupt you, and ask if you got their email? They then proceed to explain what is in the email and tell you all about the email, and add more details about the email, and on and on?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People who say "knock knock" right after they've knocked. Like I didn't hear the knuckles rapping on the door in the first place?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
American bacon. Seriously - what the hell is that stuff really?
Seriously? It's pork belly. Always has been.

Salt and/or smoke cured. Not all that complicated. Not all that healthy either. :(

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People who say "knock knock" right after they've knocked. Like I didn't hear the knuckles rapping on the door in the first place?
That's better than them opening the door first and then saying it. Ugh.

Michael

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cars that are in front of me and I can't breathe due to their exhaust! When I was pregnant, that literally made me sick.

Why do cars do that? They need a Fix It ticket.:mad:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cars that are in front of me and I can't breathe due to their exhaust! When I was pregnant, that literally made me sick.

Why do cars do that? They need a Fix It ticket.:mad:
Try being behind them on a motorcycle. Dang!

Worse, the smokers who can't stand to have the smoke in their own car so leave their arm out letting the smoke waft to whomever happens to be nearby. Worse yet, those who flick the lit cigarette butt out the window. Grrrrrr!

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts