What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My safari locked up. No password.

jojolicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was playing around with my ipad today. press and held down the safari icon, it started shaking. While the icon was shaking a lock icon appeared, I pressed it and it locked. Every time I press the safari icon it now ask me for a password. I didnt even entered a password. So was is the pre programmed password for this? please help!! thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By chance did you have your restrictions up?

Go to settings/general/restrictions. You may have that enabled and it is asking for your passcode.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of jailbreak tweak. Are you jailbroken, and do you have a tweak that can lock apps?

If so, try turning that tweak off.

OP
J

jojolicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, my ipad is jailbroken. What app could that be? I dont remember downloading an app like that.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jojolicious said:
Yes, my ipad is jailbroken. What app could that be? I dont remember downloading an app like that.

That probably would have been helpful to know from the beginning and also save you a little time. We will move this thread now to the hacking section.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are describing the Applocker tweak to me.

It's a great idea to try and remember what you install, but if you forget, open Cydia and check the "Installed" tab ;)

I'd guess the config would be via Settings > Applocker

Good luck!

OP
J

jojolicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys. Already figured it out. Had Locktopus. :eek:

Most reactions