What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't I turn off the password lock?

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your iPad is administered by your company they have the option of enforcing the use of pass-codes and other settings. This will gray out your option to make those changes.

This is why I haven't added my work email on to my ipad. They do enforce the passcode. I am sticking to getting it on my phone.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
miket5au said:
This is why I haven't added my work email on to my ipad. They do enforce the passcode. I am sticking to getting it on my phone.

Dang!!! I am having this problem too! The whole reason for the ipad2 was to check work email!!! Soooooooo frustrating! There has to be a workaround. :-( I am going to ask my admin. I didn't have to enter a passcode initially WITH work email. They must have changed something on the new setup.

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
companies enforce a Passcode lock to protect the companies information. if you want work email on a device you have to play by their rules.

Most reactions