What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost cydia icon

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I tried doing the steps to change my cydia icon to a flat oje. After doing so I cannot see cydia anywhere. It doesn't show up in spotlight. The jailbreak tweaks I have installed works fine though.

Any help guys?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i see a file that says error.I have 2 files with the same names. Its both icons. The original one and the flat design.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I tried doing the steps to change my cydia icon to a flat oje. After doing so I cannot see cydia anywhere. It doesn't show up in spotlight. The jailbreak tweaks I have installed works fine though.

Any help guys?

How are you accessing the file system to change the icon? Are you using iFile or a computer via USB port? And, the error notice you quoted in your second post, where is that showing up? It it on the iPad, when you try to open something, the computer, ... ?

And, what were the steps you used to change your icon? Finally, what did you name your icon (cause it sounds as if you've not named it properly for the iPad).

This may be interesting - because I looked in iFile on the iPad and don't see an iPad-sized icon. But, let's see what you did and hopefully we can get this sorted.

Marilyn

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@skimonkey I understand.

@Mickey I did it using ifile. The steps I followed is in a blog post for steps on making cydia have a flat look. I will post the link later since its hard for me to use android keyboards.

For some reason iFile kept crashing then disappered. Other tweaks work fine though. I am worried that I may want a new tweak or there is a updatr availble for my tweak. I have considered trying to do the jailbreak process again. If that does not work I may have to use iFunbox to upload a ipa of cydia (If such a thing exist.) Or make a back-up in iFunbox and restore.

I still see files of cydia though. So I think I just lost a specific file in it while using iFile.

I may post the name of the file later. Also the error that shows is some sort of file. When I opened it with text viewer it shows some letters and numbers and data in it.

Last edited:
OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just update on my situation.

Well looks like I have to restore. Cyda won't show in iFunbox. Nor does ifile. So I guess its gone.

I may have to go in iOS 7.1 to lose my jailbreak. And possibly have to wait for a new evasi0n JB for it. It was fun until it lasted.

I think I may be able to bring my JB apps in iOS 7.1. Will that work?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just update on my situation.

Well looks like I have to restore. Cyda won't show in iFunbox. Nor does ifile. So I guess its gone.

I may have to go in iOS 7.1 to lose my jailbreak. And possibly have to wait for a new evasi0n JB for it. It was fun until it lasted.

I think I may be able to bring my JB apps in iOS 7.1. Will that work?

No, you don't have to go to iOS 7.1 to lose your jail break. For one, iOS 7.1 is only available to developers as it's still in development (beta) and the other is that iOS 7.0.4 is still the valid and most current iOS from Apple. And, it's jail breakable.

Just restore your iPad to iOS 7.0.4 and then re-jailbreak it.

Marilyn

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, you don't have to go to iOS 7.1 to lose your jail break. For one, iOS 7.1 is only available to developers as it's still in development (beta) and the other is that iOS 7.0.4 is still the valid and most current iOS from Apple. And, it's jail breakable.

Just restore your iPad to iOS 7.0.4 and then re-jailbreak it.

Marilyn

I ment go to iOS 7.1 after its released.

Also I may have gotten the tweaks I need anyways. I don't want to restore again, since I am having problems with iTunes, and also my wi-fi is very bad so icloud won't work for me.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ment go to iOS 7.1 after its released.

Also I may have gotten the tweaks I need anyways. I don't want to restore again, since I am having problems with iTunes, and also my wi-fi is very bad so icloud won't work for me.

Nothing is mandated. You're not forced to install to the latest iOS at any time or place. If the latest iOS patches the jailbreak vulnerabilities, there's no reason to upgrade to it. The only reason users upgrade from one jailbreakable iOS to another jailbreakable iOS is because the stock iOS provides something that the user wants, but there are always tweaks/packages in Cydia that does the exact same thing.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing is mandated. You're not forced to install to the latest iOS at any time or place. If the latest iOS patches the jailbreak vulnerabilities, there's no reason to upgrade to it. The only reason users upgrade from one jailbreakable iOS to another jailbreakable iOS is because the stock iOS provides something that the user wants, but there are always tweaks/packages in Cydia that does the exact same thing.

Well I am stayying actually in 7.0.4 until there is a new jailbreak.

Most reactions

Latest posts