What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered!

ritual28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered my Ipad. I honestly can not wait to receive it. I have been constantly reading everything I can about it. Most everything I have read has been positive.

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will come and you I'll enjoy that day. A lot lol

OP
R

ritual28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't ship until the 28th. That is going to feel like forever before I receive it. I ordered the 32gig 3G version. I am not sure what all I will use it for just yet. I do have a netflix subscription. I have been downloading all the free HD tv show episodes that the itunes store offers. Just trying to get a bit prepared for its arrival. lol

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I ordered my 32gb 3G Memorial Day (May 31st) and received a delivery date of June 18th. Well, it showed up yesterday (June 15th), three days early....maybe the same will happen for you!

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations. For me, the iPad has lived up to all of my expectations and beyond. I've had it for 2 weeks now, and it goes with me to every meeting at work. As for play, well, I think everyone here knows how great it is for web surfing, social networking, games, etc.

Like I've said, I've had it for 2 weeks, and my laptop has been collecting dust for 2 weeks :)

OP
R

ritual28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I hope mine arrives early as well. Does anyone know how well does it works in the IT field?

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I hope mine arrives early as well. Does anyone know how well does it works in the IT field?

I work in the IT field but really have not had any need/reason to use my iPad in the office. What would you like to do with the iPadwhile in the office?

Gabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats! You will love it. I know I do ....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Its great in the IT field. Check out my thread in the iPad Apps section. Its a sticky at the very top called apps for people in IT. At my work we have an electronic sign in page to clock in every morning and clock out every afternoon and I can do it on my iPad. I also use my iPad for creating new incident tickets and checking of ones that have been completed. Remoting into the servers no longer requires running across buildings or finding the nearest computer, I can even do it while away via VPN on the iPad where ever I'm at. Going through emails is a breeze and its great having meeting invitations automatically ad into my calendar when someone sends me one.

Today I just re-inventoried all our equipment with the app HanDBase.

You will defiantly want to look into the remote desktop apps like WinAdmin or iTap RDP/iTap VNC.

and the Twit Pad app. if your in IT you probably already know about Leo Laporte and TWiT, if not check out http://live.twit.tv for some awesome webcast.(Security Now is my favorite) you can also download them in iTunes for free under the podcast section.

Last edited:
OP
R

ritual28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike,

It looks like you have found all kinds of goodies. I didn't really have any specific uses in mind for the IT field. I suppose I was more curious as to what people may be using it for now. I just can't see it replacing my desktop here at work. I can see it being used like Mike was saying though. Just when you are not at your desk allowing RDP or VPN connectivity back to the servers/desktops etc.

Thanks,

Gary

OP
R

ritual28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet!! My Ipad was shipped! It is in Hong Kong at the moment with an estimated delivery of 6/25. :) :) :)

Most reactions

Latest posts