What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else waiting???

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I have been reading about errors and problems getting ios5 downloaded today. So I decided to wait a day or two. Anyone else waiting to update or upgrade? I backed up everything yesterday in anticipation of problems today.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never recommend anyone be "first" unless they are prepared for bumps in the road. It's always better to let the first wave go if you have any concerns at all.

That said, all of our staff went last night and this morning and the upgrade was virtually flawless here. That's 45 people, iPhones, iPads and iPod touches. We have well over 100 devices upgraded as of now.

There are still some apps having problems, but that's not surprising considering many developers never bothered to test under the betas.

-t

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't have much choice in the matter, being 700 kilometers from my computer. Had I been at home I just know I would have succumbed to temptation and downloaded iOS5 the second it became available, so I'm quite pleased that I'm going to have to wait nearly two weeks.

In the meantime, I'm going to read everything that the rest of you post, so I'm ready when I get home.

Thanks in advance. I just know you are all going to be exploring every feature of the new OS.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend waiting. I didn't. Not because I was so anxious to be first on the bus but simply because I happened to log on to iTunes and received a message to upgrade. That was ten hours ago and I'm still trying to get back to where I was before all this started.

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated everything today (iPad 2, IP4, ATV) with no issues. Most of the error code messages people are getting aren't really issues just tapped out servers. Those that wait though I completely see why as I have in the past (especially with windows). When you do upgrade you will be satisfied as its an awesome update.

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not sure if i have ios5 on my ipad anyway to check?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

QueenRulez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
queenrulez.tumblr.com
Holding off as well. Tried a couple of times today and got error 3200. Was not about to shut off my security settings as suggested. Speculating all the issues are probably due to the influx of downloads that flood the servers. Sounds like it will be worth the wait, so what's few hours or days more?

Sent from QueenRulez's iPad using iPF

bklyne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying for the last few hours. No luck! Will try again in the early am!

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No waiting for me. I upgraded 2 IPHONE 4 and an IPAD inside 1 hour with about 5 errors which were caused by server meltdown. The IOS 5 is great and the battery life with ICLOUD is amazing. All of our contacts, apps and documents were backed up to the skies with our free 5 GIG of storage. Apple also released both Recovery Disk and Lion 10.7.2 on a massive 887 MB update which took over an for and half to complete.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm definitely waiting. Partly because I haven't been able to even download 10.5 yet. :( But after reading all these stories about problems with OS5 on iPads, even after updating iTunes I'll hold off. Maybe after Apple's servers cool down a bit things'll be a bit easier. And maybe they'll figure out how the rest of us can upgrade without having to lose/reinstall apps/music etc. Unfortunately, it seems a bunch of those who went first may end up being guinea pigs for us laggards. Or they won't and a lot more of us will be stuck jumping through hoops that seem so unnecessary.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, coming from the PC world, I never upgraded to a *.0 version of MS software - Apple seems like a much better beta tester, but I'm in no hurry and will wait to early next week and review the threads here to see what issues/problems might develop; but I must say that I'm not that concerned - did receive a notice today from the App store that my iWorks suite will not update (needs iOS 5), but still works fine! :)

Most reactions