What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad frozen (In need of help)

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help! I got this thing on tuesday and I'm really scared I've already broken it!

I was running into a lot of problems syncing the Pad to my Windows XP operating system, so I figured jailbreaking it might give it some non-Apple OS with which I might be able to sync more easily. The jailbreak worked fine enough at first, but I didn't notice any real difference in OS on the Pad. I preformed a reset, but I did so from the Pad in "Setting". I don't know what went wrong, but the image is stuck on the Apple logo.

I tried to plug it into iTunes so that I could do the reset from there, but iTunes can't even see the Pad! I've done the sleep+home button reset 3 times now, and it stays stuck. Someone please help, I think the Pad is still jailbroken, so the warranty is void and I wouldn't be able to take it to the Mac Store to ask them to fix it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Does it reboot at all when you try to hold the home and sleep buttons at the same time?

If not you will have to just let it sit for a while until the battery fully drains then connect it to your computer while holding the Home button as it powers back on.

P.S. Jailbreaking doesn't change the iPads OS it just makes it less stable and less secure so that you can perform things that apple doesn't allow. Oh and your warranty is void even if you restore the iPad just from jailbreaking it once. People do get around it by making it somewhat not noticable and the MAC genius's don't do much research to check if its been jailbroken other than what they can see on the ipads screen.

Last edited:

proof55200

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now don't freak out there is an easy solution.

here it is. The exact same thing happened to me and that is how i solved the problem

WELL I CAN T POST THE HELP LINK BECAUSE I HAVE LEST THAN 3 POSTS SORRY

I hope this was of help to you

OP
Philippe

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What an embarrasing way to start off in this community...

Long story-short, I found out a combination of pressing the home and sleep buttons that reset the Pad successfully. iTunes then initiated an 8 minute long re-installation of all the drivers.

Main lesson I've learned from this... STAY AWAY FROM JAILBREAKS. I remember hearing somewhere that only noobs are afraid of jailbreaks, and, well if that's the case I'm a big noob!

All that embarrassment aside... I hope to become an avid member of this forum and to learn lots of cool tricks I can use on my now functional pad. lol

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak is not necessarily less secure, the software is just being altered. Apple wants you to experience their products a certain way and in many respects this is good for the consumer. But more experienced 'users' shouldn't shy away from trying to get the most out of their device.

suprablitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and your warranty is void even if you restore the iPad just from jailbreaking it once. People do get around it by making it somewhat not noticable and the MAC genius's don't do much research to check if its been jailbroken other than what they can see on the ipads screen.
I thought a jailbreak could not be traceable after a full restore?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
So a DFU mode restore is jailbreak untraceable?

as long as you dont apply your settings at the end when it asks if this is XXXXX(name of ipad).

You must setup as new device.

Now, if you do apply your old settings backup its not likely that the apple store genious will notice anything (but you ask if it would remove all traces of the jailbreak). Most people just hit yes this is IPODNAME after a restore. Why you sync your ipad and perform a backup, it also backups all the jailbreak app settings and error logs created by jailbroken apps and loads them back onto the device after a restor. These logs can be read by anyone who has the iPhone SKD installed on their computer.

Last edited:

suprablitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what I thought, thanks for clearing that up. Scared me when you said its traceable even after a restore.

Most reactions

Latest posts