What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad is stuck on password screen! HELP PLEASE

abbywilson87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister has a iPad 1 that she has jailbroken with a Cydia program. She recently installed an app on the iPad that proved a 3x3 slider-lock instead of the regular number pad password protection. A few weeks after she installed and was using the app is messed up (the slider-lock pad won't show up!).

I tried to restore via my computer (updated iTunes and everything) but I kept getting error messages. I also then tried to put in recovery mode and then restore which also didn't work. After all that failed I then tried to view the apps on her iTunes and delete them that way. Most of the apps I was able to take off except for about 10 of them and the slider-lock app was one of those. I am stuck and don't know what else to do.

Although it is under warranty, it's jailbroken so I think taking it to Apple is out of the question. Anybody have any other suggestions? I know a little about computers/tablets but I am definitely not an expert and this is getting over my head!

Thanks, Abby

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is always possible to restore a jailbroken iPad unless there is a hardware fault, so don't panic just yet. You likely have one or two things which need sorted on the PC side.

Follow all the steps in this guide and you should be able to get it restored to stock 5.0.1 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

The key steps are likely to be ensuring your iTunes is up to date, and using DFU mode.

If you do still get errors, make sure you post exactly what they are. The number iTunes gives you is important to help identify the problem, but the guide above gets round all the common ones!

Good luck.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Abby and welcome, I've moved this to our hacking forum where you may get the appropriate answer (fingers crossed!).

Edit......and it looks like you already got great help!

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
A

abbywilson87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I did step by step the instructions of the tutorial. I got the error code 3194. Not sure what to try next

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to support.apple.com " Error 3194 most likely indicates you do not have the latest version of iTunes installed Update to the latest version of iTunes."
I hope this helps. If so, you're almost back up and running.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

Most reactions

Latest posts