What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad frozen (In need of help)

Luke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Main lesson I've learned from this... STAY AWAY FROM JAILBREAKS. I remember hearing somewhere that only noobs are afraid of jailbreaks, and, well if that's the case I'm a big noob!

Nah, now that you know the problem, Jailbreak away!! There are some great homebrew apps that really make the whole experience more pleasant...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I think the Pad is still jailbroken, so the warranty is void and I wouldn't be able to take it to the Mac Store to ask them to fix it.
Well that is what they would like you to believe in order to try and convince people to not jailbreak hardware that they own. I tried jailbreaking my 1st generation iPod Touch and it was a disastrous failure... or so I thought. I was honestly ready to throw it away because I thought Apple would never help me.

"What the heck, its a toll-free number. What's the worst thing that could happen?"

So I called Apple Care and explained what happened and I fully expected to be told that I was SOL. Instead, this very nice and very knowledgeable woman walked me through the process of restoring my iPod. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I asked her, "Why did you help me?" and she said, "If I didn't help you, we would have most likely lost a customer, but by helping you restore your iPod, I have pulled you back from the abyss and kept you as a hopefully loyal customer" IOW, it is cheaper for them to do what it takes to retain an existing customer (who could potentially tell everyone they know what a huge POS their products are) than the acquire a new customer.

Now I can't promise you that your experience would have been the same, but if the Apple Care folks and the "geniuses" at the Apple Stores paid attention during their training, it probably would be the same. YMMV!

Riprse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have never backed up your iPad & just did a restore would it show that you had jailbroken it.
Only reason I ask is I haven't restored mine since I jailbroken it.

Most reactions

Latest posts