What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i need HELP! Jailbroken Ipad is going all bad

paps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help!! My Ipad was originally Jailbroken, Yesterday I plugged my ipad into the wall charger using the adapter and it said not charging. It would charge a tiny bit at a very slow rate like 4% after 5hours. I thought it might be a problem caused from jailbreaking so I went into my settings on my ipad and I selected delete all data and restore .. the apple screen came on with a white bar loading and it turned off and on to just an apple logo screen. The battery is depleted and the red low battery sign flashes from time to time, but leaving it in the charge i am able to get it back to the apple logo screen. Im afraid to take it in to the apple store because im not sure if i got rid of the jailbroken part of the ipad during the restore from the ipad. I was able to get to the screen where theres a USB pointing to the itunes logo but when i connect to my computer Itunes wont recognize it and doesnt show anything under devices. HELP ME!! i just need to restore my ipad so i can take it into apple so they can check out the battery portion of it.
thanks

Last edited:

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please delete or edit this post - you are not allowed to talk about piracy. FYI

Just restore your iPad through iTunes. Place the ipad in DFU mode while plugged into computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your battery is not faulty, so there is no need to go to an Apple Store.

The not-charging symptom can sometimes occur on a jail broken device when it runs low on battery.

Removed DFU instructions, as they are illustrated more clearly in the link above.

OP
P

paps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much for responding. i looked at the video, but my screen is either in apple logo or to a blank screen with a almost empty battery sign,,, i tried holding it down in both screens and it still doesnt pick anything up in itunes? :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:

The not-charging symptom can sometimes occur on a jail broken device when it runs low on battery.

Removed DFU instructions, as they are illustrated more clearly in the link above.

I disagree. Jailbreaking is not proven to change the charging capabilities of a device in any way. Can you provide me with some links which demonstrate it? I've never seen "not charging" on a jailbroken device when connected to the wall outlet simply because the device is jailbroken. I'd be very interested to see evidence to the contrary.
It is much more likely that this is a hardware fault. If the iPad wont charge from the iPad wall adapter it has noting to do with software and everything to do with hardware, whether that be battery, connector, or whatever.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:

I disagree. Jailbreaking is not proven to change the charging capabilities of a device in any way. Can you provide me with some links which demonstrate it? I've never seen "not charging" on a jailbroken device when connected to the wall outlet simply because the device is jailbroken. I'd be very interested to see evidence to the contrary.
It is much more likely that this is a hardware fault. If the iPad wont charge from the iPad wall adapter it has noting to do with software and everything to do with hardware, whether that be battery, connector, or whatever.

Another lil tidbit for my notes.:D

hurikhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem on jailbreaked iPad. Not charging (not USB and not wall). Restored to orig. and it worked again. Don't know what the reason for not charging could be :|

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hurikhan said:
I had the same problem on jailbreaked iPad. Not charging (not USB and not wall). Restored to orig. and it worked again. Don't know what the reason for not charging could be :|

So you are saying it said "not charging" when plugged into the official iPad wall adapter? If so, can you tell me what version of IOS and what type and version jailbreak you were using...I want to investigate further.
Thanks.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
So you are saying it said "not charging" when plugged into the official iPad wall adapter? If so, can you tell me what version of IOS and what type and version jailbreak you were using...I want to investigate further.
Thanks.

Sherlock Holmes of the IPad community ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

hurikhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Thanks.

No it didn' say "not charging", it just didn' t charge. Version 4.2.1. And yes, official wall adapter. 1 week old ipad from the store. And greenp0ison jailbreak.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing - obviously a hw problem - ive jb'n over 100 iPhones (not bragging), I own 2 iPod touchs, iPad 1, and iPhone 4 on Verizon all jailbroken, (and a jailbroken apple tv2 but that does not charge) and ipad 2 (patiently awaiting a jb release) and have never heard of such issues.

Most reactions