What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking Questions - From Android to iOs!

hoing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im coming from Android hacking to iOs and I am a well known developer there and have a lot of experience with jailbreak/root/hack. I have a few questions about jailbreaking with iOs on the ipad.

1. I'm seeing that there is only 1 way to jailbreak 3.2.1...with that browser hack. Is that the only way? ]

2. Once you jailbreak, do you only get the cydia app? thats all? Once u download Cydia is that all you need?

3. Cydia - what exactly is it? is it a base of all the apps you can get?

4. How do you download themes once you jailbreak?

5. Does JBing slow your phone or does it seem the same/faster?

6. Do you have to make a backup of your files/music/contacts?

7. Is there anyway to brick? If you do...do you just restore it with Itunes?

8. Best bricked apps that i need?
-anything else i should now? what is the shssh or w/e?

Last edited:
OP
H

hoing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, anyone know of when multi tasking is coming?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If u jailbreak, just get backgrounder and cirtuous app from cydia. They are both free n wrk perfect as far as multitasking go. Im tetherd to my ipad using my tilt 2 win mo phone using xda wifi tethering app. I also have the blazin froyo 2.2 android port on my phone also. Dual boot. ;-)P. Hacking/mofifying this ipad is easy as hell. Sunday will make 2 weeks since i got this 32 GB wifi ipad ver. 3.2.1 i jailbroke it wednesday thru the jailbreakme.com site. Cant get no easier jailbreaking than that. Just slide the slider and its done..lol
U will automatically get the cydia app, which allows u to download some very cool n useful apps. Which wont wrk otherwise if not jailbroken. I have the bt mouse stack profile, backfrounder, cirtuous, fullforce,mx tube downloader, winterboard(very customizable themes, icons, etc..), sb settings(very quick access to major system settings, another dock, etc..), quake 3, n more.
Restore is done thru itunes, or u can soft reset or hard reset on ipad if it freezes up or bricks to start off with. This is my first major apple device but im getting the hang of all the modding very quickly..lol.
This ipad is wayyy cooler n morw useful thn i ever imagined before. Basically is my computer now. I only need desktop to sync to itunes if needed. But i like to do as much as i can without having to sync. Definitely get the camera connection kit if u havent already. Has 2 adapter pieces, 1 for usb, n the other for sd card. The usb adapter has alot more functionality thn is advertised. Check out the videos on it. The sd card reader, alomg with ifile or whatever, will allow u to watch movies straight off the memory carx without even needing itunes.
Im sure someone else with more knowledfe thn me will chime in soon. Good luck modding n developing, if u get android ported to our ipads, let me know....lol

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im coming from Android hacking to iOs and I am a well known developer there and have a lot of experience with jailbreak/root/hack. I have a few questions about jailbreaking with iOs on the ipad.

1. I'm seeing that there is only 1 way to jailbreak 3.2.1...with that browser hack. Is that the only way? ] no, this just makes it easier, instead of being jailbroke thru usb cable.

2. Once you jailbreak, do you only get the cydia app? thats all? Once u download Cydia is that all you need? Yes, basically. Also get rock app. Its another store for jailbraoken apps

3. Cydia - what exactly is it? is it a base of all the apps you can get? Yes, and rock. There may be others i dont know of yet.
4. How do you download themes once you jailbreak? Get winterboard app. Then just download themes and load them thru winterboard, very easy, and some very cool themes. Live wallpapers themes also ;-). Change icons n all that just like in Android.

5. Does JBing slow your phone or does it seem the same/faster?no it doesnt slow down the iapd. Its just like rooting for android. It unlock capabilities hidden by apple. Like the bt mouse hid profile. Stock bt only lets u use 1 keyboard, n no bt hid mouse support. If u jailbrake, then u can download that bt mouse hid stack profile, n the bt keyboard jailbrake stack, which allows u to have the keyboard n mouse hooked thru bt at the same time.

6. Do you have to make a backup of your files/music/contacts? It would probaly be smart to. Plus it makes the backup of the restore n case it bricks and no other methods wrk.

7. Is there anyway to brick? If you do...do you just restore it with Itunes? Plenty of ways..lmfao. Dont load something into ipad designed for iphone only, as far as jailbrake apps go. Regular app store apps are fine.
8. Best bricked apps that i need? Dont know what u mean here..lol
-anything else i should now? what is the shssh or w/e?
. Hope that helps.

OP
H

hoing

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If u jailbreak, just get backgrounder and cirtuous app from cydia. They are both free n wrk perfect as far as multitasking go. Im tetherd to my ipad using my tilt 2 win mo phone using xda wifi tethering app. I also have the blazin froyo 2.2 android port on my phone also. Dual boot. ;-)P. Hacking/mofifying this ipad is easy as hell. Sunday will make 2 weeks since i got this 32 GB wifi ipad ver. 3.2.1 i jailbroke it wednesday thru the jailbreakme.com site. Cant get no easier jailbreaking than that. Just slide the slider and its done..lol
U will automatically get the cydia app, which allows u to download some very cool n useful apps. Which wont wrk otherwise if not jailbroken. I have the bt mouse stack profile, backfrounder, cirtuous, fullforce,mx tube downloader, winterboard(very customizable themes, icons, etc..), sb settings(very quick access to major system settings, another dock, etc..), quake 3, n more.
Restore is done thru itunes, or u can soft reset or hard reset on ipad if it freezes up or bricks to start off with. This is my first major apple device but im getting the hang of all the modding very quickly..lol.
This ipad is wayyy cooler n morw useful thn i ever imagined before. Basically is my computer now. I only need desktop to sync to itunes if needed. But i like to do as much as i can without having to sync. Definitely get the camera connection kit if u havent already. Has 2 adapter pieces, 1 for usb, n the other for sd card. The usb adapter has alot more functionality thn is advertised. Check out the videos on it. The sd card reader, alomg with ifile or whatever, will allow u to watch movies straight off the memory carx without even needing itunes.
Im sure someone else with more knowledfe thn me will chime in soon. Good luck modding n developing, if u get android ported to our ipads, let me know....lol

Ok that helps a lot. I can probably get android on ipad after some learning about ios sdk. But what is this camera connection kit? Link please?

Most reactions

Latest posts