What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking Inquiries

bilalperwaiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jailbreaking my iPad for the first time, and I have some questions regarding it :

1) Is the system/software unstable after jailbreaking? Do the apps crash or the display mess up while using it?

2) Are there certain apps that don't work well with it and crash/brick the iPad?

3) Do I need to connect the iPad to a computer when it shuts down?

4) How often does the iPad crash after jailbreaking?

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jailbreaking my iPad for the first time, and I have some questions regarding it :

1) Is the system/software unstable after jailbreaking? Do the apps crash or the display mess up while using it?

2) Are there certain apps that don't work well with it and crash/brick the iPad?

I just jailbroke my iPad yesterday, but I will try to chime in.

1) after the jailbreak my iPad runs as well as before running legit apps.

2) you do have to be careful what apps you install. There is a list on the forums here discussing what apps are confirmed working.

3) not quite sure what you mean here, but after you back up your shsh blobs, turn off iTunes, disable "auto start iTunes" for your iPad, then leave it plugged in until the jailbreak is complete. Your iPad will restart a few times.

4) again, it's only been 24 hours but no crashes so far with any apps proven to work with the iPad.

Hopes this helps!

P.s. This was the most I have ever written at once on my iPad lmao.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All Apple iTunes store apps run fine. On the Cydia apps, there are a lot of apps, which haven't been ported to iPad and therefore crash. Read in Cydia, there is a section, which tells you what apps have been confirmed to run in Cydia, which don't (i.e. MobileTerminal :( ).

Crashing yes, bricking no

What do you mean by "shut down"? If you messed up the iPad, then yes. Because you then have to restore and jb it again.

Mine has never crashed at all.

Most reactions