What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there really that much benefit for waiting for 2g?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never regret buying something that will be superceded in the near future. If the replacement is great enough, I will afford it or do without. If the advances are the usual level of advancement, then I will buy a few generations later.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never regret buying something that will be superceded in the near future. If the replacement is great enough, I will afford it or do without. If the advances are the usual level of advancement, then I will buy a few generations later.

Sounds like good logic to me. I still have my 1st generation iPod Touch, and the only thing I like in the newest generation is the built in speaker. But I found a plug in speaker for 7$ in eBay for my kid playing games on it.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think that the second generation will still be running iOS4. Slightly just a guess, but Apple just released iOS4 for the iPhone. So I think that when it comes to the iPad, they will stick with it for another 1-2 years.

What I could see coming next year:1. Higher Resolution Screen?(maybe, if it got to HI-Rez then it could look annoying)
2.iOS4? (I am kind of doubting that they will actually develop a "Snow Leopard" like OS on the iPad any time soon)

3. Camera for using Face Talk (WiFi and 3G)

4. Performance upgrades (faster processor, better graphics, but the iPad is already plenty fast and speedy and the graphics are very nice for its size, from what I've seen from videos and using the iPad product at Best-Buy)

This is coming from someone who doesnt have an iPad yet(Should have it this week or next week) but I have watched many videos and used it a few times at Best-Buy. Until I actually get the device I can't judge it too much. For now this is all I can say.

Last edited:

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They won't upgrade the resolution too much, as needs to be backward comparable with the thousands of apps developers would have made for the iPad by then.

Most reactions

Latest posts