What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad in bed

zztinker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my ipad2 however I can't use it in bed, it gets heavy, I keep hitting the off switch, no way to hold on to it comfortably. I've tried the elevated pillow. So, I just use my ipod touch when going night night. Am I the only one that has this problem.....:confused::confused:

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used pillow and the Griffin loop, both with good success. http://zedomax.com/blog/2010/07/29/the-griffin-loop-ipad-stand/

I don't think Griffin is still making the loop but I just picked up two new ones on eBay to supplement the one I already had. The link above has a video of the loop. I think it is far more stable than other stands which have legs or feet. Search a bit and you will be able to find it. It help my original iPad in with the official apple cover and it holds my iPad 2 with the smart cover and a "cover buddy" back protector nicely.

Good luck.

gaylawilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Mophie IPad 2 notebook case. It has an adjustable to any angle platform stand. I have been using it for two weeks. Hated the IPad smart cover....love the Mophie. And yes I use it in bed.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my ipad2 however I can't use it in bed, it gets heavy, I keep hitting the off switch, no way to hold on to it comfortably. I've tried the elevated pillow. So, I just use my ipod touch when going night night. Am I the only one that has this problem.....:confused::confused:

There are some nice options out there.

Here's one that will work for you. A little pricy though. If you have a back cover, you don't have to remove it.
Home : Levo BookHolder is a reading stand, paperback stand, textbook stand, and an eBook stand that elevates your book and your quality of life. at BookHolder.com

Here's another one that will also work well. My concern for this one is that it might not be quite long enough to reach over, especialy if you have a 12" pillow mattress. You will need to remove any back cover you use.
iProp | Hands Free use of iPad 1 or 2

Hope this helps.

jalbano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tavoletta

You're not alone. I had the same problem and couldn't find anything I liked - so, I invented the Tavoletta. It is currently a kickstarter project...

Tavoletta - A new idea in iPad, Kindle and Tablet stands by John Albano — Kickstarter

black.png

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it on my stomach in portrait and hold my hand behind it

Jayded

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
Lay on side. Prop extra pillow behind iPad. Enjoy!!

Doesn't work when I have to have my reading glasses on :(
I don't have a problem with it propped against my knees though, so not in same boat as original poster.
J.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I lay on my stomache (pillows under arms and head) and prop the iPad against the head board. Not perfect, but reasonably comfortable.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it very comfy in bed,I have the smart cover and I just roll it into the stand and steady it with one hand and I have my stylus in the other,no problems at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts