What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 new IOS

Matrixboy303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you think that there will be an new update of IOS with the ipad 3
and if so what new features come with ideas

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that I read somewhere in one of the posts rumors that iOS 6 was being tested...but who knows, all these rumors are flying all around.

cdaamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 just came out though... isn't it a bit soon for ios 6? Maybe a ios 5 update?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
iOS 5.1 is in beta number 3 already. however the only real addition that they mention is the slide to unlock screen now lets you slide upward to get right to camera.

I'm sure apple will talk about 5.1 at the announcement and the final version of 5.1 will be available for developers to install and the iPad3 would of course come with this version.

Who knows if there are any features they will add that are not in the beta. Also with people seeing iOS 6.0 in the wild we could very well have 6.0 on the new iPad with older models receiving it shortly there after. They have done that before.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can expect IOS 5.1 to be demoed and will be released on the day or few days before the iPad 3 goes on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the great thing about the new iOS versions is that they can now be updated over the air without the need of a computer. I'm thinking apple can use this to their advantage by loading all of the iPads with the version of iOS that they had ready at the time of manufacturing and not not worry about them having the latest update because as soon as they go online it will pull down the latest update. This means they would not have to have a final iOS version ready before packaging all the iPads and they could possibly be able to have more iPads packaged and ready for the launch.

Most reactions

Latest posts