What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 4.3.5 issue

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After installation of IOS 4.3.5, updates and new apps just hang in w aiting State, I tried softa and Hard resets, We have very slow internet and I had to download IOS from a thread and manually install, any ideas?

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Can you access the Internet at all - i.e. is Safari and/or email working?

Tim

Yes wifi and 3g (slow) but it runs like I said the ios runs fine on my iphone which was updated at the same time, its just on the ipad2 that downloads have. Ow become impossible. I even deleted the affected apps and tried to reinstall, no joy.
Eibla

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eibla said:
Yes wifi and 3g (slow) but it runs like I said the ios runs fine on my iphone which was updated at the same time, its just on the ipad2 that downloads have. Ow become impossible. I even deleted the affected apps and tried to reinstall, no joy.
Eibla

Tim, i searched and it seems there are similar problems, but then the whole OS hangs, this one seems unique in that only the download option seems to hang, I understand your Q because its exactly what happens if comnectivity fails, except that the connections are active for apps like Safari.
Albie

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say you've tried a hard reset - do you mean a reboot - i.e. switching the iPad off, then pressing and holding the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - can take a while - then letting it reboot?

Tim

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did, I eventually wiped the ipad now and restored from another xomputer which still had 4.3.3 os on a backup. I am gonna reinstalln4.3.5 now

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eibla said:
Thanks Tim I will

Eureka! FYI if you install IOS 4.3.5 from a download i.e. not downloaded via iTunes, do it on your Primary Authorized Computer, it seems the installation is incomplete if done on any other Computer, even if it is Authorized. I reinstalled, an everything is fine, as usual on Apples!
Albie

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Raiderspen said:
I'm still running 4.3.4. Is there a big reason to install 4.3.5?

Not really, apparently a security patch or two were include, there isnt much additional funcunality, that I found, its just my opinion.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eureka! FYI if you install IOS 4.3.5 from a download i.e. not downloaded via iTunes, do it on your Primary Authorized Computer, it seems the installation is incomplete if done on any other Computer, even if it is Authorized. I reinstalled, an everything is fine, as usual on Apples!
Albie

IOS updates and upgrades can go wrong for any number of reasons. I am really glad that a fresh restore worked in your case, however, there is NO rule which says it must be on a "Primary Authorised Computer" to work. What you experienced was simply a bad upgrade which could happen for ANY reason.
The restore process is EXACTLY the same on any PC with iTunes. That is why, for example, any Apple employee could restore your device for you in an Apple store. It is also the reason I can help my friends by doing it for them on my PC. That would be impossible if success was tied to one "master" PC per device, wouldn't it?

I am very glad you go it sorted though. I just want to make that clear so that our members do not misunderstand and believe they can only successfully restore on one "primary" PC. That is no how Apple devices work.

The only thing you are tied to is synchronizing your iTunes library from one PC. Devices can be restored on any PC.

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
IOS updates and upgrades can go wrong for any number of reasons. I am really glad that a fresh restore worked in your case, however, there is NO rule which says it must be on a "Primary Authorised Computer" to work. What you experienced was simply a bad upgrade which could happen for ANY reason.
The restore process is EXACTLY the same on any PC with iTunes. That is why, for example, any Apple employee could restore your device for you in an Apple store. It is also the reason I can help my friends by doing it for them on my PC. That would be impossible if success was tied to one "master" PC per device, wouldn't it?

I am very glad you go it sorted though. I just want to make that clear so that our members do not misunderstand and believe they can only successfully restore on one "primary" PC. That is no how Apple devices work.

The only thing you are tied to is synchronizing your iTunes library from one PC. Devices can be restored on any PC.

Granted, I am just a user sharing a problem solved, not a developer or even at techi.

OP
E

Eibla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eibla said:
Granted, I am just a user sharing a problem solved, not a developer or even at techi.

oh, and I never said you can only restore from the Primary, my solution came from re-installing the ugraded IOS from the Primary Authorised.

Most reactions

Latest posts