What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 UK launch

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
UK Pricing has just been released and prices have dropped. :)

Pricing will be as follows: £399.00 inc VAT (£332.50 ex VAT) for the 16GB model, £479.00 inc VAT (£399.17 ex VAT) for the 32GB model, £559.00 inc VAT (£465.83 ex VAT) for the 64GB model. The iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G will be available for a suggested retail price of £499.00 inc VAT (£415.83 ex VAT) for the 16GB model, £579.00 inc VAT (£482.50 ex VAT) for the 32GB model and £659.00 inc VAT (£549.17 ex VAT) for the 64GB model

Looks like my better half will be getting an early birthday present!

The Archangel

OP
J

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! It is nice to see a price drop. Maybe I can get some extra accessories :D. Is the in store launch not going to be till 5pm.

OP
J

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also I have read that the ipad 2 online sales will start at 1. can anyone confirm if this is 1 in the morning or afternoon.

OP
J

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks donka. I was a bit confused as I found one website saying 1pm and one saying 1am. I will make sure I order as soon as it becomes available. :D

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
yeah. think i'll order my ipad 2, smart cover and hdmi cable first thing friday morning, then pop into town friday evening or saturday morning.

if i get lucky i'll just cancel my online order.

OP
J

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ donka thanks for the link. Didn't realise apple had posted it on their website.

@sjleworthy that is what I am going to do. I spoke to someone at apple and they said I could do this but that money is taken from your bank when the item is purchased. It will be returned immediately if you cancel but may take up to 10 days to show up in your bank account! :)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
@sjleworthy that is what I am going to do. I spoke to someone at apple and they said I could do this but that money is taken from your bank when the item is purchased. It will be returned immediately if you cancel but may take up to 10 days to show up in your bank account! :)

thats cool. i'm also going to confirm this with the .co.uk store help line on thursday. there should be an easy grace time to cancel your order between the time your place the telephone order and the time they actually ship it out. that time must be at least 2-3 days minimum i'd have thought.

lucasite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how bad do you think the queues will be in the UK? Were they big last year?
Im thinking of going down to my local apple store at maybe 6am, but I dont know if that'll be too early or too late.
Anyone else brave/crazy enough to be doing this aswell? My wife thinks Im totally crazy for wasting an entire day.

Most reactions

Latest posts