What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuesday 22nd - Morning US Apple store stock rumours?

zan5hin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know how credible these rumours are of semi-decent stock levels arriving tomorrow morning at Apple stores in the US.

I am from Australia but I am backpacking around the world and have just arrived in Chicago. I would like to upgrade from iPad 16gb wifi to the iPad 2 32gb wifi but don't want to walk around a strange and notorious city in the pre-dawn hours for nothing.

When I was still overseas I read about some insider tipping the 22nd as the next big sale day, with deliveries arriving at stores today. Is there any truth to these rumours?

Not having queued up at an Apple store, how early will I have to get there before they open, and which store would be better, the flagship store on North Michigan Avenue or the second store in Lincoln Park? My friend I am staying with says the Lincoln Park store is usually not as busy, but I do not know how this would apply to iPad 2 queues and stock deliveries.

I am going to Mexico in a week and a bit so the only way for me to get an iPad is to queue up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I don't believe this rumor at all. all stores receive shipments most days. there is no big shipment that goes to all the stores. pick a location and get there between 3 and 4 in the morning and you may get lucky.

Good luck mate!

Leo

funforums5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called an apple store Sunday and they said that they weren't getting a shipment Monday, but they are Tuesday. They can't give out numbers but I'm assuming that they're going to have the amount from Monday and Tuesday together, probably to get more people in line an iPad. That's my guess though... I know I'll be going in line tomorrow morning and hopefully coming home with one this time.

As luckyleo said you should probably get there around 4 in the morning for the best chance of getting the type you want. Also I'm not sure about the climate in Australia but Chicago mornings can be quite cold...

CarissaGronski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the salesman at the apple store in King of Prussia "recommended" that I come I on Tuesday. So I'll be there tomorrow morning, bright and early!

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again i herd the same exact thing,

Apple employee's statement
"We are not expecting any shipments on monday, but on tuesday it would be a 'good day to show up'".

So if there is any chance i am going to get up at 4am and travel to the apple store, it beats waiting 3 weeks.

Most reactions

Latest posts