What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 launch locations?

SDM44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I know that you can buy the new iPad at any Apple store, or at AT&T or Verizon if you want the 3G version. But will other stores carry them starting this Friday, or at least by this weekend? Places like Best Buy or Walmart? Or do anyone know if AT&T and Verizon will carry the non-3G iPads?

My only concern is that the closest Apple store is a good 40 min drive for me, and getting out there late on Friday or this weekend may not work for me. I know that on Friday around 12:00am local time, I can place an order online but most likely it wouldn't get shipped out until Monday and delivered until early next week. I'm eager to pick one up, but worse case I can wait a few days.

Just wondering anyone has heard if other retail stores would be carrying the iPads on launch day/weekend.

OP
S

SDM44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. That answers a lot of my questions.... assuming that the report is mostly accurate (as we know things always change at the last minute, and reports can be considered like rumors early on).

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Thanks for the link also. I think I may order online. I was going to go straight to the Apple store after work - which is 30 minutes away - but not now. I didn't want to wait but, I think ordering oline may be better for me.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm leaning that way as well. I probably couldn't get to the store until 6ish and I'd hate to hassle driving across the city during Friday rush hour to strike out.

Really wish they'd have done the launch on Saturday instead of Friday.

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at a Walmart today, and asked if they'd have the new iPad on Friday. The guy said that they would NOT have it, as it was over their price limit. Kinda surprised me. I'll probably be at our local Walmart tomorrow, and I'll check. It'd be so much easier than trying to get to Best Buy.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
all five of my walmarts said they have no info of ipad 2 being released this month:mad: I had to sit there and break down the whole details from specs to launch info to them smh

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jhood2323 said:
all five of my walmarts said they have no info of ipad 2 being released this month:mad: I had to sit there and break down the whole details from specs to launch info to them smh

Yea Walmart told me the same thing, SAMs club have no idea, target says they'll prolly have it, best buy says they think at 5pm....I just wanna know for sure on one of these stores and there time to sell...apple is like 40 mins away and rush hour on a friday isn't no joke! Ha

Most reactions

Latest posts