What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Bile (or was it p0sixninja?) posted that the only guarantee is 4.3. Once they get that done then they will work on later firmware versions. This is because there is an existing exploit for 4.3 and they can't do anything about the fact that Apple patched it in 4.3.1 and so far no other exploites have been found.

Yeah but even though it was patched on 4.3.1 doesn't mean it is patched on 4.3.3..what is weird to me is that they patched it for the iPad 2 yet my iPod Touch 4th Gen has 4.3.3 jailbroken and my iPad 1st Gen has 4.3.3 and its jailbroken..looks like they only did the patched business on the iPad 2..they will figure it out..they know the majority of people don't have 4.3..I already ordered my iPad 2, it will have 4.3.3 on it..would I have loved to have an iPad with 4.3 on it, of course but its impossible to find so I had to go the apple store route

Ipad 2 has different hardware than the other Apple devices. That's what needs a new (different) jailbreak.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Bile (or was it p0sixninja?) posted that the only guarantee is 4.3. Once they get that done then they will work on later firmware versions. This is because there is an existing exploit for 4.3 and they can't do anything about the fact that Apple patched it in 4.3.1 and so far no other exploites have been found.

Yeah but even though it was patched on 4.3.1 doesn't mean it is patched on 4.3.3..what is weird to me is that they patched it for the iPad 2 yet my iPod Touch 4th Gen has 4.3.3 jailbroken and my iPad 1st Gen has 4.3.3 and its jailbroken..looks like they only did the patched business on the iPad 2..they will figure it out..they know the majority of people don't have 4.3..I already ordered my iPad 2, it will have 4.3.3 on it..would I have loved to have an iPad with 4.3 on it, of course but its impossible to find so I had to go the apple store route

Ipad 2 has different hardware than the other Apple devices. That's what needs a new (different) jailbreak.

I see..either way I don't think they will just release a 4.3 jailbreak and thats it..they will work on 4.3.3..if they are not already..they might be holding things close to the vest because they don't want Apple to release another firmware update

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

If it was patched in 4.3.1, then it is patched in 4.3.3. I don't know why Apple would patch a security hole only to open it back up in a later version.

About the hardware part... Is this to say that if SHAtter was never discovered, the iPad 1/iPhones would be in the same position as iPad 2 owners are now? Because if the iPad 2 was already jailbroken on 4.3, I'd think that any obstacles that the hardware presented have already been overcome. They can't patch hardware, so nothing has changed. I just find this hard to believe. I can't see a viable jailbreak that everyone can use coming from the Dev Team. :(

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

If it was patched in 4.3.1, then it is patched in 4.3.3. I don't know why Apple would patch a security hole only to open it back up in a later version.

About the hardware part... Is this to say that if SHAtter was never discovered, the iPad 1/iPhones would be in the same position as iPad 2 owners are now? Because if the iPad 2 was already jailbroken on 4.3, I'd think that any obstacles that the hardware presented have already been overcome. They can't patch hardware, so nothing has changed. I just find this hard to believe. I can't see a viable jailbreak that everyone can use coming from the Dev Team. :(

We'll have to wait and see what happens..that is why I never sold my iPad 1st Gen..I can have one jailbroken iPad and one non-jailbroken one..if they ever do release a jailbreak for the iPad 2 then I will see my iPad 1..otherwise I will keep them both..if I could have bought a brand new iPad with 4.3 I would have done it but it was impossible to find..tried craigslist, ebay, and besides, I wouldn't trust them if they said it was 4.3..I dont buy used iPads anyway

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

How was SHAtter leaked?

bile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
greenpois0n.com
As said prior yes 4.3 is the only guarantee right now, yes we know that is a small percentage of people, but if we don't have leads on the rest of the firmware when our work is complete i dont think we are going to make EVERYONE suffer and wait longer just because its /only/ for 4.3. i dont speak for the entire team on that one but it im pretty sure they agree with me on that point. (please dont try and argue your point on that, i had to ban a troll on our blog comments because of our back and forth on the matter, im not changing my mind based on anything ANYONE says ;-P )

re: SHAtter leak, everything on how or by whom it was leaked is entirely speculation, and anything i say will probably just stoke old fires so im going to bite my tongue.

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once the bootrom is dumped and jailbroken, Apple can't block it unless they come out with a version of the device with brand new (different) hardware in it. That's why iphones/ipods/ipad 1/etc., will always be jailbroken. The only jb that's been done for ipad 2 is a software exploit. Those can be patched by apple. If the devs ever dump the ipad 2 bootrom and exploit it, we will always have a jailbreak for it. They would just have to update the installer every time Apple updates to a new software version. If I have understood things correctly that is...

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like I will be stuck with two iPads for a while..oh well..eventually something will be worked out so that my iPad 2 can be jailbroken..in the meantime my iPad 1st Gen is jailbroken and working fine..my iPad 2 will look pretty naked without a jailbreak but everything will work out for the best

tlsmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My birthday is June 14 jailbreak would be a great present also!!!!

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also re: status things are going relatively smoothly, but i wouldnt sit hitting refresh on our website quite yet ;-)

:cool: No rush buddy, im having a blast with my jailbroken ipad1 at the mo, whilst my ipad2 firmware 4.3 :D is collecting dust in the bottom of my drawer...

re: some posters saying it would be a nice pressie for thier birth-date, i for one will celebrate like all my birthdays have come together on the jailbreak release date :eek:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also re: status things are going relatively smoothly, but i wouldnt sit hitting refresh on our website quite yet ;-)

:cool: No rush buddy, im having a blast with my jailbroken ipad1 at the mo, whilst my ipad2 firmware 4.3 :D is collecting dust in the bottom of my drawer...

re: some posters saying it would be a nice pressie for thier birth-date, i for one will celebrate like all my birthdays have come together on the jailbreak release date :eek:

Ur lucky your still on 4.3 wish the iPad 2's coming from Apple contained that but oh well, what can ya do..I will cross my fingers and toes and hope for the best :) the Dev team can perform miracles..eventually they will get all of the iPad 2's to be jailbroken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts