What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as the JB is released the tension will subside and we'll all be happy families again :)

My brand spankin new iPad 2(32gb) in White will be shipped on the 15th(hopefully sooner, probably not though) so I hope that when it arrives I will be able to jailbreak it..if not, I will wait til a jailbreak is available..crossing fingers and toes that somehow, some way they can jailbreak 4.3.3 :)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad the @iH8sn0w's new "iFaith" don't work on the iPad2! It let's you save the firmware your on's shsh blobs even if apple isn't signing them anymore! That would be great for people on 4.3 on the iPad2 who havnt got their blobs...

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Last edited:

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I don't think the jailbreak will ONLY be for 4.3..it would be a waste of a jailbreak, for what, 10 percent of owners..I dont think so..I think they will make a jailbreak for 4.3.3..it might take some time but its gonna happen

There's no way they can waste the Jailbreak that's only good for one firmware(user land exploit) It's already patched above 4.3!!! They probably have to use another exploit to Jailbreak all firmwares!! They have released jailbreaks before that didn't work for all firmwares and iDevices.....The iPad2 Userland Jailbreak they have only works on 4.3!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:

Everyone on the forum.

Not everyone... I dont't like cursing, but I'm used to it, so it does not affect me anymore... I'm not saying to excuse him, just a little warning instead of a ban... After all it was the first time he actually cursed...

But, not my forum, so the mods make the rules! ;)

That's right. We don't make them, the owners do. We enforce them. How do you know he was NOT warned 10000 times? You do not have freedom of speech here ~ this site is privately owned.

Now ~ I will say this only once. This subject is squashed ~ stay on topic or this thread will be closed and appropriate sanctions will be distributed.

Last edited:

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I'm so glad I never put any curse words on here! I like this site! On twitter I curse alot! (@D_LA_ROC) I didn't even know that guy was part of a dev team! Lol I can't wait till the Jailbreak is released already! Then everyone can look back at this thread and laugh at the good times we had on here. I'm sure there will be a thread of everyone showing off their newly Jailbroken iPad2 and all the tweaks and mods they are using...

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I don't think the jailbreak will ONLY be for 4.3..it would be a waste of a jailbreak, for what, 10 percent of owners..I dont think so..I think they will make a jailbreak for 4.3.3..it might take some time but its gonna happen
Those on 4.3 obviously bought it either on release day or very close to that, why should they have to wait for others who bought it way after release?

I myself bought it on release day in Australia (which was 2 weeks after the US), if they release the jb for 4.3 I'll grab it with two hands, I've been waiting since march 25 and others 2 weeks before that.

Maybe waiting till now to buy an iPad 2 was a bad choice?

bile said:
As said prior yes 4.3 is the only guarantee right now, yes we know that is a small percentage of people, but if we don't have leads on the rest of the firmware when our work is complete i dont think we are going to make EVERYONE suffer and wait longer just because its /only/ for 4.3.
Thanx for clarifying bile, Well said

It still baffles me that some still think a 'miracle' will happen and that the iPad 2 jailbreak will be for all iOS, even though the ONLY guarantee we have been given is for iOS 4.3.

I DO hope a jb is released for all firmware, but I dont think this will happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Those on 4.3 obviously bought it either on release day or very close to that, why should they have to wait for others who bought it way after release?

I myself bought it on release day in Australia (which was 2 weeks after the US), if they release the jb for 4.3 I'll grab it with two hands, I've been waiting since march 25 and others 2 weeks before that.

Maybe waiting till now to buy an iPad 2 was a bad choice?

bile said:
As said prior yes 4.3 is the only guarantee right now, yes we know that is a small percentage of people, but if we don't have leads on the rest of the firmware when our work is complete i dont think we are going to make EVERYONE suffer and wait longer just because its /only/ for 4.3.
Thanx for clarifying bile, Well said

It still baffles me that some still think a 'miracle' will happen and that the iPad 2 jailbreak will be for all iOS, even though the ONLY guarantee we have been given is for iOS 4.3.

I DO hope a jb is released for all firmware, but I dont think this will happen anytime soon.

When I got my first iPad..I waited til it was jailbroken before I purchased one..I thought I could do the same thing here, I had no idea that Apple would patch the firmware, thought it would be just like it was when the iPad 1st Gen came out. I don't mind waiting for a jailbreak for 4.3.3 I know that eventually it will come out, if it does happen, it will probably be released after the iPhone 5 comes out, hopefully sooner.I wish I could have gotten a 4.3 iPad but it didn't work out that way so I just gotta wait..you guys deserve it anyway since you've waited since since March, the rest of us just gotta see what happens

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with you iRager, I think they know more than likely it will only be for 4.3 initially, they just don't like it. I got mine on launch day here in the U.S. and still on 4.3, eagerly waiting :) A co-worker got his shortly after launch with 4.3 but accidentally updated and is beside himself.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with you iRager, I think they know more than likely it will only be for 4.3 initially, they just don't like it. I got mine on launch day here in the U.S. and still on 4.3, eagerly waiting :) A co-worker got his shortly after launch with 4.3 but accidentally updated and is beside himself.

Initially is what I like to hear..of course we know that it will be released first for 4.3..its the speculation that 4.3.3(Everyone can just upgrade if it gets jailbroken) will never be jailbroken that worries me. I know that Apple patched 4.3.1 so I guess that means that they patched all firmwares released since then..I dont mind waiting but some have said that they think the dev team will release one while others say they never will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts