What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOL..he got the joke wrong :p anyway i guess it will be on spot for me then as there is an APPLE reseller at my place..btw INDIA is much modern than what the west shows :p why do u think apple will be here then? Haha..

mikesong0323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
do they take ur ipads when u go for replacement? or they let u keep them until the replacement arrives?

You walk out with a replacement unit if its in stock at the moment, and if not, leave them with your number to be called when it arrives (you keep your original one until the next time you go in)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I imagine we wont see a jailbreak till a few weeks after iOS 5 is released. Just my thoughts.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LoJak said:
I imagine we wont see a jailbreak till a few weeks after iOS 5 is released. Just my thoughts.
We will see a jailbreak WHEN it's READY... Not before its ready (obviously) and it will not be delayed once it's ready, iOS 5 or no iOS 5

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LoJak said:

The Jailbreak they have for the iPad2 is already patched in firmwares above 4.3 so there is no reason for them to wait until iOS5 to release something that's already patched......

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LoJak said:

The Jailbreak they have for the iPad2 is already patched in firmwares above 4.3 so there is no reason for them to wait until iOS5 to release something that's already patched......

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

I don't think the jailbreak will ONLY be for 4.3..it would be a waste of a jailbreak, for what, 10 percent of owners..I dont think so..I think they will make a jailbreak for 4.3.3..it might take some time but its gonna happen

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Bile (or was it p0sixninja?) posted that the only guarantee is 4.3. Once they get that done then they will work on later firmware versions. This is because there is an existing exploit for 4.3 and they can't do anything about the fact that Apple patched it in 4.3.1 and so far no other exploites have been found.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bile, curious how things are going. I know you can't give any ETA's (and I don't expect you to nor am I asking) but was just wondering if any problems have popped up? Thanks!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Bile (or was it p0sixninja?) posted that the only guarantee is 4.3. Once they get that done then they will work on later firmware versions. This is because there is an existing exploit for 4.3 and they can't do anything about the fact that Apple patched it in 4.3.1 and so far no other exploites have been found.

Yeah but even though it was patched on 4.3.1 doesn't mean it is patched on 4.3.3..what is weird to me is that they patched it for the iPad 2 yet my iPod Touch 4th Gen has 4.3.3 jailbroken and my iPad 1st Gen has 4.3.3 and its jailbroken..looks like they only did the patched business on the iPad 2..they will figure it out..they know the majority of people don't have 4.3..I already ordered my iPad 2, it will have 4.3.3 on it..would I have loved to have an iPad with 4.3 on it, of course but its impossible to find so I had to go the apple store route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions