What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK Guys. I have created a new sticky thread in this section as suggested.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/31363-official-ipad2-jailbreak-news-thread.html

This is a CLOSED thread so you can't post to it. Post all your comments and continued discussion in here as normal. I will keep the sticky as up to date as I can with the facts as I understand them. Lets see how we get on with that...

Also, I'll tidy up this thread a little by deleting out the recent posts relating to me suggesting this new thread, and the subsequent responses. I may also update the first post of this thread to provide the link for new readers also...

Let me know (in this thread) if you think there is an factual information I have omitted from the first cut...

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The bottom line as regards version number is you have what you have. You should ALL make sure you are saving your SHSH Blobs, but you cannot get blobs for versions which Apple is no longer signing - i.e. if you start today, you start with 4.3.3, no matter what version of iOS you have. Have a look at our SHSH Blob FAQ Sticky for more information.

Once you have blobs saved you can upgrade in comfort because blobs allow you to downgrade to that version at any time in the future.

If I were a betting man I would say the JB will be released for 4.3 first, followed by 4.3.3 some time later. I suspect 4.3.1 and 2 will not be targeted. However that is just my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bottom line as regards version number is you have what you have. You should ALL make sure you are saving your SHSH Blobs, but you cannot get blobs for versions which Apple is no longer signing - i.e. if you start today, you start with 4.3.3, no matter what version of iOS you have. Have a look at our SHSH Blob FAQ Sticky for more information.

Once you have blobs saved you can upgrade in comfort because blobs allow you to downgrade to that version at any time in the future.

If I were a betting man I would say the JB will be released for 4.3 first, followed by 4.3.3 some time later. I suspect 4.3.1 and 2 will not be targeted. However that is just my personal opinion.

Yeah but the only thing that Im concerned about is how apple patched 4.3.1..doesn't that mean that the dev team won't be able to jailbreak any device beyond that or no..since I will be purchasing the iPad 2 with 4.3.3 already installed I don't have other options to downgrade

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Yeah but the only thing that Im concerned about is how apple patched 4.3.1..doesn't that mean that the dev team won't be able to jailbreak any device beyond that or no..since I will be purchasing the iPad 2 with 4.3.3 already installed I don't have other options to downgrade

iPad 1 has a jailbreak for 4.3.3. I'm on it right now! :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Me too. I think.:eek:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

HeHe well I know that..I meant for the iPad 2..those come with 4.3.3 right out of the box..I assume they will work on 4.3 first, then jump to 4.3.3 and work on that..dont know why they just don't work on 4.3.3 since that is what most people have..was just worried since I read how 4.3.1 was patched, would that mean that 4.3.3 would be patched too?

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have been a lurker here since is thread started.. Thought I would say posting the sticky when the jailbreak is out is the best thing that has happened (apart from the actual jailbreak release!) for this threads sake, as well as a quick reference point for everyone to check the actual release, instead of trowling through pages & pages of 'is it out yet?' etc
Thanks again :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

HeHe well I know that..I meant for the iPad 2..

See ~ we are lucky we still have the first iPad.:D

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad1 JAILBROKEN >iPad 2 stock
Soon (within weeks hopefully)
Ipad2 JAILBROKEN >>>> iPad1 JAILBROKEN

I got both- but I'm selling the ipad1 when ipad2 jailbreak comes out :)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have 4.3 on my ipad 2 but didn't have a chance to save the blobs :-( Just have to make sure that I don't click on the wrong button and accidentally update my ipad.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So since the jailbreak will only be for 4.3 on the iPad 2 right now..should I sell my old iPad now, because the iPad 2 will come with 4.3.3 and I dont want to take a chance that some newer firmware will come out in the next few weeks and the iPad might be installed with that..or just screw it and wait til we get further word if they can even jailbreak 4.3.3

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not complaining, but is there a reason to release a jailbreak that maybe 90% can't use, other than to show it can be done? I thought p0sixninja's greenpoison (or whatever it will be called), was a bootrom exploit. Meaning it should work with any version of the software.

Sent from my pad via my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions