What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sitting pretty on 4.3 and patiently waiting on a Jailbreak for the deuce.. Keep up the hard work guys!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad Deux.. d(-_-)b

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
Thats for all the devices except iPad 2...
since iPad 2's are not susceptible to i0nic's exploit, the Greenpois0n RC6.2 will only be for iPod touch 3rd/4th, iPad 1, iPhone 3GS/4

Even p0sixninja said the iPad 2 jailbreak won't be called greenpois0n

Just curious why they haven't updated the chronic dev site to state that?...nowhere does it mention the ipad2 jb is exclusively for 4.3...and you'd think they would state that on the site about not updating from 4.3 on ipad2 in order to jb.
And what's with all the greenpoison merchandise.....if ipad2 jb won't be called greenpoison? Must be holding those back until release?

Last edited:

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
Thats for all the devices except iPad 2...
since iPad 2's are not susceptible to i0nic's exploit, the Greenpois0n RC6.2 will only be for iPod touch 3rd/4th, iPad 1, iPhone 3GS/4

Even p0sixninja said the iPad 2 jailbreak won't be called greenpois0n

Just curious why they haven't updated the chronic dev site to state that?...nowhere does it mention the ipad2 jb is exclusively for 4.3
And what's with all the greenpoison merchandise.....if ipad2 jb won't be called greenpoison? Must be holding those back until release?

-.- if you check some of bile's posts on their website or even read a couple pages earlier in this thread you will find quotes talking about how support for 4.3.x for the iPad 2 is not guaranteed...

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In early pages of this post everyone was advised to not update. The golden rule is never update until there is a JB released for the new firmware and then you can update and JB. Unfortunately iPads started shipping with 4.3.1 within a few weeks of it being released so a lot of people are in the same boat.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In early pages of this post everyone was advised to not update. The golden rule is never update until there is a JB released for the new firmware and then you can update and JB. Unfortunately iPads started shipping with 4.3.1 within a few weeks of it being released so a lot of people are in the same boat.

Exactly..and the iPad 2 that has been available both online and in stores has 4.3.3 right out of the box..so what I think the dev team should do is maybe take a little longer but make it so that people can jailbreak with 4.3.3 that way the ones who are on 4.3 can just upgrade to the newest firmware but still jailbreak..whats the point of having a jailbreak available for the iPad 2 if only a select few can use it

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

really makes me wonder how did apple patch comex's exploit before it was even released...

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Exactly..and the iPad 2 that has been available both online and in stores has 4.3.3 right out of the box..so what I think the dev team should do is maybe take a little longer but make it so that people can jailbreak with 4.3.3 that way the ones who are on 4.3 can just upgrade to the newest firmware but still jailbreak..whats the point of having a jailbreak available for the iPad 2 if only a select few can use it

no one said they weren't going to make it lol. they will keep working on it but there is a chance that the first release of the jailbreak will only be for 4.3... the bootrom (to my knowledge) hasn't even been dumped yet and no other exploits have been found for the iPad 2 on 4.3.x. Even if the jailbreak for 4.3 is released, they will still work on 4.3.x. dont worry. be PATIENT

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what the chronic team will name the ipad2 jb

Any guesses?

Errrrmmm..green ven0m ... concoti0n...poti0n ?

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
whats the point of having a jailbreak available for the iPad 2 if only a select few can use it
Because they either bought it on release day or very close to release day, so they have been waiting since then

For those who have updated intentionally, you were told not to and to be patient, you can always update but unless shsh blobs are saved you can't always downgrade.

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on iOS 4.3.2. Because I couldn't help it as I bought it new from Apple with this firmware. I think that 4.3 JB will be out initially followed closely by 4.3.3. @p0sixninja wouldn't go through all this time and effort to find out only 15% (approximately) of the jailbreak community could jailbreak using his exploit. He probably knows that 4.3.3 will be the last of the 4.3 firmwares so if he targets that then EVERYONE can update to that and stay there while all using a userland exploit and the unlikely event of a 4.3.4 coming from Apple.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem is that so far known exploits are only in 4.3 and not any later version.

I don't believe that JB for newer versions will follow shortly (if they had ideas how to JB 4.3.3, they would released JB for it in the first place). Chronic Dev Team will collect the credits for jailbreaking the unbreakable iPad2 even thought that JB will be used only by a little number of iPad2 owners.

What are the chances that Chronic Dev Team are working on the same exploit found by @comex? ;)

bile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
greenpois0n.com
The problem is that so far known exploits are only in 4.3 and not any later version.

I don't believe that JB for newer versions will follow shortly (if they had ideas how to JB 4.3.3, they would released JB for it in the first place). Chronic Dev Team will collect the credits for jailbreaking the unbreakable iPad2 even thought that JB will be used only by a little number of iPad2 owners.

What are the chances that Chronic Dev Team are working on the same exploit found by @comex? ;)

we NEVER claim work for anything that isnt ours, i've been asked and answered many times that the exploit for 4.3 is the one comex discovered shortly after the iPad2's release. Since apple mysteriously fixed the vuln. before anything was released everyone has been much more tight lipped about everything. That being said, that exploit is one of a few that are necessary for a complete jailbreak, these haven't been easy to come by and if/when they have been found it serves NO ONES benefit to know outside of those actually working on it.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

we NEVER claim work for anything that isnt ours, i've been asked and answered many times that the exploit for 4.3 is the one comex discovered shortly after the iPad2's release. Since apple mysteriously fixed the vuln. before anything was released everyone has been much more tight lipped about everything. That being said, that exploit is one of a few that are necessary for a complete jailbreak, these haven't been easy to come by and if/when they have been found it serves NO ONES benefit to know outside of those actually working on it.

well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts