What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 8.0 causes iPad 2 to stutter or lag

Oldhippiechic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never had this issue on my iPad before. It's seeming to stutter or lag when working within a program or even on main page onoccassion. Is this one of the many IOS 8 problems?
Any suggestions on how to correct it? Also finding web pages loading VERY slowly to completion so that lagging when i try to go down the page.
Thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try resetting it, using Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons and let the iPad power up. If it doesn't help immediately, reset for a second or third time.

If this doesn't improve the performance, you might try restoring or updating (latest version is 8.0.2) your device, using iTunes on your computer, in case you updated over the air (using your ipad only).

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hopefully the reset works for you, but be ready to keep resetting over and over, I'm on a ipad 4 and it slows and gets fidgety, I reset and goes good, rinse and repete, my 5s phone does the same thing.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hopefully the reset works for you, but be ready to keep resetting over and over, I'm on a ipad 4 and it slows and gets fidgety, I reset and goes good, rinse and repete, my 5s phone does the same thing.

You shouldn't have to repeatedly reset like that. Especially with having an iPad 4. I own an iPad 2 and have only needed to do it once after I updated via iTunes.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oldhippiechic. Mine has this stutter also. Delay changing screens, pause before apps run, occasional freezing of apps for a few seconds, even after 2 or 3 resets. However, all the other initial problems seem to have gone away. It's a bit annoying, but I can live with it. Maybe 8.1 will be better (when available).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fixed ! ! ! Turned off multitasking gestures in settings app. No lag, no stuuter, faster operatin. Try it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have to say that I have traded in my iPad 2 about 2 hours ago and have now just set up my iPad air 2. Works great and very fast. Huge diff from my iPad 2! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts