What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 jailbreak to ios 7 jailbreak

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With regards to the Zeppelin query, it may be an index conflict with the iFile directory. Use SSH or an afc2add client like iFunbox to move them elsewhere, install iFile, then replace them where they belong. Also, make sure the logos are in the new directory /Library/Zeppelin/ and not the old directory.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it gets updated, only that tweak will get updated, not the one on the main repo. And, you'll get that red badge to tell you it has an update. But, the non-beta tweak (usually on one of the default Cydia repos) will not get the update.
Is there a best practice on how to "switch repos" later on (e.g. from the beta to the main one), i.e. do you just install the package from the main repo (and it will overwrite the existing one), or should you uninstall the old one first, and then install the new one?

As for Zeppelin, I had to uninstall it, it was the cause for many issues (turned out whenever I installed even the most benign tweak (such as various shell utils packages), Zeppelin was on the list of what was to be installed, and respring was needed each time). Pity because it's one of the tweaks I was most looking forward to have. Which directories should I check for eventual Zeppelin/logos leftovers, just to make sure it will be OK next time?
(maybe the logo pack installed some old Zeppelin over the one I installed first, "Zeppelin Beta for iOS 7".)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a best practice on how to "switch repos" later on (e.g. from the beta to the main one), i.e. do you just install the package from the main repo (and it will overwrite the existing one), or should you uninstall the old one first, and then install the new one?

As for Zeppelin, I had to uninstall it, it was the cause for many issues (turned out whenever I installed even the most benign tweak (such as various shell utils packages), Zeppelin was on the list of what was to be installed, and respring was needed each time). Pity because it's one of the tweaks I was most looking forward to have. Which directories should I check for eventual Zeppelin/logos leftovers, just to make sure it will be OK next time?
(maybe the logo pack installed some old Zeppelin over the one I installed first, "Zeppelin Beta for iOS 7".)

For the most part yes. Once a beta package has been updated for full public release, the developer will implement a check for any existing beta packages of the same name in the designated directory and will either overwrite it, or will remove it and install a fresh copy. But that depends on whether if the developer implements the check.

Make sure you're installing the one directly from Alex Zielenski's repo, which is (off the top of my head) http://repo.alexzielenski.com/ I believe. The Zeppelin packages may not be installing them in the appropriate directory, so you can install the Zeppelin icon packages themselves, navigate to the installed directory, and either copy the logo folder to /Library/Zeppelin/ or zip them using iFile, SSH or afc2add, then remove the package through Cydia. If you zipped them up, and did not move them to the said directory already, do so, and implement through Zeppelin

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It might've been moved to to one of the public default repositories. Check to see if the version of Zeppelin that comes up in Search is 2.0.1-9 or 2.0.1-151. If it's not coming up in both his personal repo and the public repo, let me know, I'll upload the deb on either a myrepospace or up onto Dropbox for you to download

Last edited:

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's 2.0.1-9. No hurry, I'll leave Zeppelin for tomorrow, it's been more than enough for today. :eek:

Just one more 6-to-7 question pertaining to backups: Is there any way to force the iTunes backup to transfer all purchases (IPA files) currently on the device to the computer (Mobile Applications folder)? So that everything needed for a full restore is actually on the disk (I've been diligently moving IPA files in the last 17 or so months to an external drive, which is about 60-80 GB of data...).

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That version should be a working copy. That's the one I currently have on several of my devices.

You should be able to sync your apps through iTunes and the IPAs will be stored locally on your computer. Just make sure the AppleIDs match between iTunes on your computer and iTunes/iCloud/AppStore on your device.

Edit: 2.0.1-151 was pushed to replace 2.0.1-9.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

And, sometimes, developers will tell you to uninstall the beta tweak and then install the "fully developed" tweak - once they've made the tweak available to the general public (those that didn't want to mess with betas). The "done" tweak is usually uploaded to one of the default Cydia repos. Cause sometimes it's easier to just remove the beta and install the finished version.

As willerz2 pointed out, it really is up to the developer. I've seen it happen both ways...

Marilyn

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where was 2.0.1-151 pushed to replace 2.0.1-9? Right now Search still shows -9 only. If I install it, will the upgrades show -151 then? I'm hesitating with -9 because of all the trouble I had with Zeppelin yesterday (although I'm not sure if it was one of the logo-packs that broke everything; *-1-1-1 is probably older version of Zeppelin than -9?)

Quick question regarding Cydia on iOS6: It shows these three available upgrades: Zeppelin Beta for iOS7, Flipswitch, Activator. If I check their details, they all have "Compatibility 7.x" written there. Should I ignore them on 6 (they appeared in the last couple of days)?

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine update didn't work so well. I updated from 6.1 to 7.04 via iTunes, did both a clean install and a restore, but both ways left me stuck on the apple logo after the JB attempt. Did I do something wrong and is there a fix?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The updates should not affect iOS 6 compatibility, they simply add iOS 7 compatibility to them.

Check repo.alexzielenski.com. Make sure you refresh in Changes.

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it possible that Zeppelin was hidden (temporarily)? Now I can't even find it in ModMyI (or whichever its default repository was) - I even tried scrolling through the "zep*" part. Alex's repo is still empty, though.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's the deb for manual installation through iFile, iFunbox, or anything similar. 2.0.1-151

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I managed to install it in iFile, and it seems to work fine. One exception (the same as the other day): If I run Cydia, the actual carrier name is displayed and not whatever customization is set in Zeppelin. A new feature or some bug? Nothing critical, though.

One other thing that might cause issues in the future (or not, if I ignore it?): Right now, Cydia displays that 2.0.1-1-1 is the installed version of Zeppelin (at the top, by the icon; if I scroll down, under Installed Package section, it says 2.0.1-151). Also, 2.0.1-1-1 is displayed under Upgrades (definitely not touching this one). If I use AppInfo, it shows the correct version (2.0.1-151). Maybe it's because the package was installed previously from a repo, and it picked that info somehow as this time it was installed manually from a local file. I suppose it should clear up once the repo version is higher than -151.

EDIT: After a (rather lengthy, ~3 minutes) reboot, the custom Zeppelin logo is shown as before, whereas custom "carrier text" (that new setting) is displayed when in Cydia. Guess it's a bug then. (The custom text isn't displayed system-wide if I set logo to "none".)
Also, Safari and Mail crash at once (that's why I rebooted). Not sure what this is related to, guess there'll be news during the day if it's related to those other major updates from today.

Last edited:

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain why the JB didn't work for me? I updated from 6.1 to 7.04 via iTunes (not OTA), did a clean install, set up as new iPad then ran the evasion JB. I got all the way to the end, tapped the evasion icon, the last thing it said was something about the "Kernals" then just jumped to the Apple logo. Why would it work for others but not me? There's got to be some reason, no?

Most reactions

Latest posts