What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.1.1 root vs SU root password changing via Terminal or Mobile SSH/iSSH

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got a JB'ed iPAd 2 all on 5.11. via Absynthe, and i purchased iSSH from the iTunes store to change the root password, Today i came across a few forum topics about changing passwords and they said changing your "su root" password is better then just "root", so i decided to do this but when i typed alpine or even my own password i was DENIED ACCESS, i also tried it on a friends iPhone from school who changed her password and she was also denied access, is this normal?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't use iSSH (an App Store app) to change the default password on the iPad. Changing the password is something you can only do with a jail break tweak such as Mobile Terminal (which you get from Cydia, the jail breaker's app store) or by using an SSH client to access the iPad - which is only doable because the iPad is jail broken.

People who are not jail broken cannot change their default passwords with this app, either. Apple would never had allowed this app into their store if you could...

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was doing it via iSSH before but your right, i did jail brezak it after, explains teh issues, what a waste of money, i could of got iFile and other tweaks if i knew, and thanks again, i changed the Su Root with the Mobile Terminal

Most reactions