What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change root password with issh?

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am desperately looking for a possibility to change the root password on my jailbroken Ipad. I don't want to downlod rock etc. Is there any easy solution?

I read somewhere that it is possible to do it with issh. Can anybody help how issh works (totally newbie) or can suggest another easy solution? I know that mobile terminal is not working on the ipad.

Thanks for any help

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
an easier way was already posted here in the forums.
download the RockApp in cydia. Once you run the app it will check to see if you have the default password, if you do It will ask if you would like to change the password. Then you just type the new password you want.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
an easier way was already posted here in the forums.
download the RockApp in cydia. Once you run the app it will check to see if you have the default password, if you do It will ask if you would like to change the password. Then you just type the new password you want.
I don't recall it asking me that and I've been concerned about the same issue. I suppose I could remove and reinstall Rock....might try that and hope it asks me.

OP
O

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right MikesTooLz, I remember reading this post but I didn't feel happy to work with rock as I read about some problems about this app. Not sure maybe I was just to conscious.... Anyway thanks for your post

Most reactions

Latest posts