What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to all and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Germaine said:
Hello from Canada.
I received an iPad for Christmas and for my 83th birthday.
So far, I've been playing Bookworm and I wonder if anyone else likes this game.

Germaine

Canada says hello back. Don't play Bookworm but I am one. Love the iBook book reader. My eyesight is poor and e-reading is the only way
for me now.
Welcome to the forum.

AA

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dramirez2445 said:
I'm new to forum, from texas. Trying to figure out if iPad2 3G can be used as a hotspot

Stock iPads cannot be used as a hotspot. I don't know if jailbreaking will help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsegovia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm a long-time PC IT consultant/developer/admin guy who's getting into Macs. I dumped my Blackberry and picked up an iPhone 4S a few months ago and got an iMac so I could teach myself how to do iOS5 programming for the iPhone and iPad. And two weeks ago I picked up an iPad 2 32GB with Verizon 3G. I'm really loving it!

Jesse

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, af847 here. I'm looking to pickup an IPad 2 soon. I'm coming from a PC background and an Android Phone, so not too informed on Apple products. I've been hearing so much lately about how Apple products just work and don't have problems like Android and PC's. I've been interested in getting a tablet and I like my phone, but too small for me to use without glasses. Most of the android tablets, really didn't measure up to the feel of the IPad 2. A friend showed me her Ipad 2 and I was really impressed with the size and feel of it. She let me know what it can do and answered some of my questions. Went to an apple store today and the sales person helped me understand a lot and answered my questions too. So I'm hoping to be an IPad 2 owner soon, just waiting to see how much the IPad 3 costs and what it can do. I'm sure being on this forum will help me learn.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, af847 here. I'm looking to pickup an IPad 2 soon. I'm coming from a PC background and an Android Phone, so not too informed on Apple products. I've been hearing so much lately about how Apple products just work and don't have problems like Android and PC's. I've been interested in getting a tablet and I like my phone, but too small for me to use without glasses. Most of the android tablets, really didn't measure up to the feel of the IPad 2. A friend showed me her Ipad 2 and I was really impressed with the size and feel of it. She let me know what it can do and answered some of my questions. Went to an apple store today and the sales person helped me understand a lot and answered my questions too. So I'm hoping to be an IPad 2 owner soon, just waiting to see how much the IPad 3 costs and what it can do. I'm sure being on this forum will help me learn.

Welcome to the iPad Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people hanging out on the forum, so any questions you have stand a good chance of being answered in short order.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, KevinJS. Nice to know!

You're very welcome. It also helps if you take a look at the various forums and post your questions and comments in the appropriate place. Moderators CAN move things around but it's really helpful if threads are posted in the right place at the outset. If you are interested in jailbreaking, the hacking section is your first port of call, games and friend requests have their own spot and there is a help forum where pretty well any other requests for help will be answered.

Anyway. Take a look around, and enjoy the place. There is a link to the rules in my signature, which all members are encouraged to read and another one where you can download the iPad manual free of charge if you haven't already done so.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. iPad 2 owner.

I'm new to forum, from texas. Trying to figure out if iPad2 3G can be used as a hotspot

Hi, everyone. I'm a long-time PC IT consultant/developer/admin guy who's getting into Macs. I dumped my Blackberry and picked up an iPhone 4S a few months ago and got an iMac so I could teach myself how to do iOS5 programming for the iPhone and iPad. And two weeks ago I picked up an iPad 2 32GB with Verizon 3G. I'm really loving it!

Jesse

Hello all i am new on this forum.... for getting updation about ipad....

Hi to all and welcome to the Forum!

Most reactions