What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

madey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hiii all...im madey from malaysia...im new in this forum..just buy my new ipad..stil learn bout this gadget..hope u guys can share with me..

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from Malta and became a proud owner of my iPad a couple of weeks ago... It was love at first sight. :))

wladmin99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone, wladmin99 here from Montreal. I also got the iPad for Xmas....had never thought much about it...never even walked into an Apple Store before.

My kids all have iPods, and even got me an iPod Classic a few years ago....I loaded some music and a movie or two someone got me a few audiobooks, but I pretty much stopped using it.

I had briefly thought about an eBook reader of some sort a while back....but here in canada, there are some restrictions I think with one of the popular eBook device platforms....

Anyway, I have fired up my iPad and am slowly researching what neat things can be done.....I must say it is pretty cool.

I use a PC, Outlook has been my main email and calendar for business meeting and appointments. I also use a Blackberry and have it synced with my PC. We also manage our busy family schedule on Google Calendar! Which is one way synced to my Outlook.

I would like to figure out how to integrate my iPad into this arrangement to make the best use of it.

Am very happy to have just found this site....looks promising.

ikrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered my Zagg Mate keyboard case today.

27295_B.jpg

funda-para-ipad-zagg-mate.jpg

Have DoDoCase and love it but wanted a real keyboard (I type looong emails :)), the ability to have a stand for movie watching, and a metallic outer shell. We'll see...

dodocase-ed01.jpg

Last edited:

bestpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi ,i am adam from china . I would like to konw is there any difference from the version of i bought in china? As i used iphone4 is different .

Hello everyone, I'm from Malta and became a proud owner of my iPad a couple of weeks ago... It was love at first sight. :))

grandma_jojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad is in LANTAU ISLAND HK

I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my iPad and iMac.
Also, I talked my husband (RB) into ordering an MacBook pro.

About me: This is a new adventure. (apple vs pc)
I will be using the Ipad and Imac for business.

Happy to have found this site and look forward to being part of this sharing community!

iKan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMe is awesome! Recovered stolen iPad!

Allays wanted an iPad, so here is the short version of an encredibal recovery.
My mother-in-law was shopping Apple Store for iTuches for grandchildren (always having her iPhone & iPad with) when latter shopping in 'a different store' in the mall, her iPad was stolen. She quickly went back to Apple Store to replace her beloved iPad so, they assisted in utilizing the MobileMe app. to "lock" the device. She comes home, tells me the story, and I tell her I can track its' movement. She tells me that if I can find or if it gets returned, I can have it. At the dinner table I pull out my iPhone and using MobileMe Find my 'device', I discover that it was in a house only 4 BLOCKS AWAY! People claimed to have found it and returned it to me. I LOVE my iPad AND MobileMe

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What can I use it for?

I've been given a wifi ipad for Christmas. I think it's a great device, but I'm somewhat bemused as to what I can use it for. I thought thai was a web browsing device, but the lack of flash makes that experience less than satisfactory. I can't use it for work as there is no proper word/excel compatibility. It seems that moving files other than music or video onto it is a convoluted process involving third party software. There seems not to be a file management system. There is no multitasking. There is no USB. There many things I like about it, the screen, smoothness of operation. It's made e-mail more accessible. If anyone can advise me on how to overcome the perceived shortcomings mentioned above, I would love to be corrected/educated. I want this thing to work for me.

With Wings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a 16GB with 3G for my birthday back in Oct. Of 2010. I didn't think spending a few hundred bucks would be with it so my sister-in-law bought me one. It is worth the money and then some but I guess I am preaching to the choir here.

lindajd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been given a wifi ipad for Christmas. I think it's a great device, but I'm somewhat bemused as to what I can use it for. I thought thai was a web browsing device, but the lack of flash makes that experience less than satisfactory. I can't use it for work as there is no proper word/excel compatibility. It seems that moving files other than music or video onto it is a convoluted process involving third party software. There seems not to be a file management system. There is no multitasking. There is no USB. There many things I like about it, the screen, smoothness of operation. It's made e-mail more accessible. If anyone can advise me on how to overcome the perceived shortcomings mentioned above, I would love to be corrected/educated. I want this thing to work for me.

I will be interested to learn this too with you :) I don't even use mine for email as I get a lot of attachments so with no USB port how would I get them off there :-S I wish I could have tried before I bought, I think I would have gone for a better laptop :(

BobR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad Fan

There's a lot to dislike about Apple and iPad, but I live my wifi version nonetheless. Mostly I use it for web and ebooks, but much more also.

Don't like Apple control. Eg iTunes required and no USB or BT mouse support and apps only via app store etc. I even heard today VLC is being deleted because of Apple's DRM policy. But for what it is, the iPad very good for the most part, and I'd be lost without mine. It's kind of like ATMs, microwave ovens and the web - once you get used to them you just don't want to do without them.

One quick observation... I have a friend on the forum, who is the reason I joined. Yet I'm not allowed to PM him until I post a bunch of times. Maybe establishing a friend status with an established user should open up a PM to that person at least?

Anyway glad to be here. :)

Javalou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO with an iPad!!!!!

I'd like to warn new owners of a ipad that the very first thing they should do is press settings, Press general then tap the 'on' next to Restrictions, in the next panel tap the ''ON' button by In-App Purchases" until it shows 'off'.

Apple has allowed app games for childern which charge real money (via your app store account). All it takes is the press of a button to feed and animal or see stars. Kids feel like they are playing and enjoying a game and the tab is running up. No pass word needed no warning. Apple assists this by having an app with games pre-installed that will run up the charges.

Do I like my iPad, yes. Do I like Apple...no! Would I ever trust Apple again, no Way.

As soon as there is a Windows or Google tablet my ipad goes up on Ebay.

Sorry if I sound angry, it's not about the money ( $108 gone in less than 5 minnutes, it's aboout a company that is willing to sell out it's costomers for a small sale.
All Apple had to do was sell the iPad with the in-app purchase option default setting off.

Talk about a way to loose good will!!!

Gera3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gera3d intro

Hello everyone,
I am a big iPad fan and just wanted to join a community of people to talk about the stuff I like.

I recently put up a site about stuff I like and use but I cant post the link yet so after I post a couple more times I will share it with everyone. The Ipad is just one of may things I am talking about on the site.

Maybe people on this forum can help me figure out what types of other things I should write about. what is everyone interested in?

Most reactions