What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to order the Apple TV ~ Now!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can JB Apple TV, I've not tried it yet but it is one device I really want to JB to release its full potential......no idea if the current version of the OS can be JB'ed, it'll need someone more knowledgable than me to tell you that!

The Archangel

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait! Mine is under the tree and I'm guessing it has 4.4.3 since 4.4.4 has only just been released! But you can indeed JB 4.4.4 for windows and mac (check out Redmond pie) but its tethered at the moment but I cant see that being a problem, can the ATV2 be put on standby?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure when 4.4.4 was released, if you buy it from somewhere like Walmart I doubt they'd have the updated ones yet!

I'm not sure there's even an untethered jailbreak for 4.4.3 so it might not make much difference!

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So ~ If I buy one today it won't have 4.4.4?

No 4.4.4 just came out this week but it's a stand alone devce, once you set it up and get it on your network it will automatically go look for updates and ask if you want to install them.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ I went to Walmart and spent way too much money, but I was going to get my ATV, but the guy in electronics didn't even know what it was!! How can that be? What guy doesn't know what that is?

I was speechless. They only have the Rocku, something like that. So I am going to order it from on line right now.

jpickar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So ~ I went to Walmart and spent way too much money, but I was going to get my ATV, but the guy in electronics didn't even know what it was!! How can that be? What guy doesn't know what that is?

I was speechless. They only have the Rocku, something like that. So I am going to order it from on line right now.

I think you can get one at best buy they have most of the other apple products. Apple TV rocks I have one at home and one at work.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, I have both a Apple TV2 and ROKU XS. Both units are really nice with the differences being minimal. The ROKU is basically a jailbroken Apple TV in that you have access to a lot of content that Apple restricts. The advantage of the Apple TV is Air Play and direct access to your iTunes library. The ROKU "can" access your iTunes but it requires additional free software. Air Play is still only available via Apple TV. In my opinion, you will be happy with either device and which one to choose is a "Honda VS Toyota - Ford VS Chevy" type debate.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
b00bie said:
No, but there is a menu setting that controls how long it will remain idle before it goes to sleep. I have mine set to 15 min. (the least you can select)

I am not in front of the tv but the last bottom selection of the right hand menu force the Apple TV to sleep should you want to do that.
Qq
I love the ATV. Especially AirPlay music from iTune to my home theatre zone 1 and 2 and remotely controlling from the iPhone or iPad, AirPlay for videos, mirroring the iPad. There is more but these are the feature I use most. My photos also show up as screensaver.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Just ordered my ATV! Finally ~ wanted it since MARCH! Should be here Jan 4th!

Yay!! So glad you are finally getting it!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts