What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have some questions re JB!

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using greenpoison for ios 4.2.1, after you download greenpoison, it takes about 5 minutes or so to JB. All you have to do is hold the buttons down on the ipad as indicated on the greespoison screen as it counts down.

After the ipod restarts, look on the springboard for the green loader icon for cydia, tap it and cydia loads, then the world opens up.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using greenpoison for ios 4.2.1, after you download greenpoison, it takes about 5 minutes or so to JB. All you have to do is hold the buttons down on the ipad as indicated on the greespoison screen as it counts down.

After the ipod restarts, look on the springboard for the green loader icon for cydia, tap it and cydia loads, then the world opens up.

iPad. iPad, right? Probably doesn't matter.

So ~

IF I am using GP? You tell me ~ am I?

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops...ipAAAAAd. Right.

You aren't using greenpoison to JB until you download it from the net. If you want the address I'll get it for you, or you could just Google it.

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep - same for ipad1, iPod touch, iPhone, apple tv2 - just make sure you back up your blobs with tiny umbrella so you can reinstall a firmware no longer being signed by apple.
Greenpois0n.com

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marie:

Haven't you already upgraded to 4.3? If you have, then hopefully, you've already saved your 4.2.1 SHSH blobs. Cause you'll need them to downgrade to 4.2.1 in order to jailbreak using GreenPois0n (RC6.1) - as 4.2.1 is the highest they've gotten so far.

If you haven't saved them, and you've upgraded to 4.3., there is no 4.2.1 jailbreak for you. This is because Apple has stopped signing 4.2.1. So, if you didn't save your SHSH blobs, there is no way you can now (today). You'll have to wait until "they" get done with JBing 4.3, whether it ends up being tethered or untethered.

But, you've saved your 4.2.1 SHSH blobs just in case ... didn't you? :)

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie:

Haven't you already upgraded to 4.3? If you have, then hopefully, you've already saved your 4.2.1 SHSH blobs. Cause you'll need them to downgrade to 4.2.1 in order to jailbreak using GreenPois0n (RC6.1) - as 4.2.1 is the highest they've gotten so far.

If you haven't saved them, and you've upgraded to 4.3., there is no 4.2.1 jailbreak for you. This is because Apple has stopped signing 4.2.1. So, if you didn't save your SHSH blobs, there is no way you can now (today). You'll have to wait until "they" get done with JBing 4.3, whether it ends up being tethered or untethered.

But, you've saved your 4.2.1 SHSH blobs just in case ... didn't you? :)

Marilyn

I actually know what you guys are all talking about! Can you believe that?:D

Marilyn ~ didn't 4.3 just come out a few days ago? If not, then I DID upgrade and no I didn't save shit. I wouldn't even know HOW to.:(

Too bad, woman ~ you didn't live closer.....

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You undoubtedly know this already, but if you tap the Settings icon, then General, then About, you will see under Version which one you have.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! I do know that ~ I just haven't been on my iPad lately as I have a lot of typing to do and type very fast but not on here.:)

But I will go check now!

Oh, never assume I already know something, so thank you!

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well then, if you haven't saved the 4.2.1 blobs, you either do a tethered jb now, or wait for an untetheted one which everyone says is due shortly. :^D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I saved, babe. I would know if I did, right?:eek:. Untethered is better, anyway, isn't it?

Although ~ I don't see why it really matters if you never turn off your iPad, right?

And I never do, do you?.

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And of course as soon as word came out that a JB for 4.3 is coming out soon, Apple now releases 4.3.1 stating that it's mostly "minor fixes"...what a coincidence :)

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I don't think I saved, babe. I would know if I did, right?:eek:. Untethered is better, anyway, isn't it?

Although ~ I don't see why it really matters if you never turn off your iPad, right?

And I never do, do you?.

Well, you would have had to download and use tinyumbrella, so I guess not. Untethered is better IMO - less trouble. I've not used a tethered one, so I can't say about not turning it off. For various reasons, mainly trying things out, I do reboot now and again and also turn it completely off. I like to tinker, so a tethered one is not for me. :p

Justawalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak new ipad

I just bought an iPad 16 gig yesterday and it is running 4.2.1 ver Iwant to jailbreak it what is the easiest way? I browsed the forum and I keep getting different ways. I am looking for the easiest way possible. Please help

Most reactions

Latest posts