What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To JB or not to JB? JB for a dummy

fva432010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the iPad. Reading this forum I had been learning a lot, but also new doubts appeared. For now, my main conflict is to JB or not. I know that this question is not only mine, so I want you to help me to collect information in one thread for reference to the beginners in the iPad world who are facing this decision.

What is Jail Break?
How do I JB my Ipad?
Why the version is important?
What is Cidya and how it works
What happen to my apps bought from the store?
Is it possible to reverse the process? How?
Tethered or untethered? Which is the difference?
My main purpose in JB is to use sd cards for extra memory, is it possible with 4.2.1? Does it really work?
Ifiles from app store works with a JB iPad?
Main Advantages
Main Disadvantages
Known problems

Thanks to all!!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The real ifiles only comes from cydia. Ipad has to be jailbroken. U need to do some research buddy. All the info u request is right here in the threads and stickies. The possibilities are endless being jailbroken ;-)

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for the endless possibilities.

I just love that my folders close after I chose an app or that safari stays on the tab I'm on and opening new web pages in the background. And then there are the great springboard shortcuts for turning on and off different features of the iPad without the need to go through the settings thingy.

Schmitty2364

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is no point in not jailbreaking...... if anyone tells you oh well i dont really useit for anythign or its not that cool or anythign of the sort well they jsut really hve no idea what you can really do with it,.... endless possiblities.... and free ones too, and if you do have a prob with that part of it, well let me tell you i dont give a **** what you think in that case

Most reactions

Latest posts