What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jb ipad2 3g questions

Alex84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. Been reading this forum since day1 i got my ipad2. Never feelt the need to start any post since i mostly read myself to answers of my questions. Now there are some questions i cant wrap my head around.

I have read all the stickys and understand how important the blobb saving is. Unfortantly i do not have any blobs saved for my current version 4.3.3 since i just resently thought about trying jb my device.

From this great sticky "shs blobs faq" i found Q15 confusing.

Since i dont have 4.3.3 blobs saved i know that i cant revert to that version if needed. From the above link ty can Only save blobs for the 3.5 version but that is not jailbreakible?

I have 4.3.3 i thought i could try jb, if something goes wrong i hope i can restore it back to 3.5 losing jb but i dont want to lose my 3g functionalaty or will this be a problem?

Sorry if im confusing but i find it abit confusing myself, it would be so mutch easyer if this thing had no 3g but then again i do like the 3g function.

Any help and clarification is highly appriciated.

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can never loose your 3g functionality only thing you will loose will be all your cydia apps if you restore to v4.3.5;)

Besides even if you had saved shsh blobs for 4.3.3 like I did,you could still not restore to 4.3.3 if you have the 3g version for iPad2(not sure about this though)

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, yes, you can jailbreak your iPad running version 4.3.3. No, you won't have the SHSH blobs so you can restore if anything goes wrong, but you can still enjoy the benefits of being jailbroken. Just be careful in loading anything (I recommend sticking to the "tried and true" tweaks).

Your biggest concern is that you don't want to load anything, or do anything, that'll cause the iPad to have to be restored. Restoring, for you, will mean you will have to load iOS 4.3.5, which means the jailbreak is lost. So, just be careful...

You won't lose 3G functionality by jailbreaking it. Oh, and do save those blobs for 4.3.5 anyway (even though it's not jailbreakable). It's a good practice and heck, you never know...

RokrDude2: The issue with iPads with 3G was resolved with one of the versions of Tiny Umbrella. As long as Apple continues to sign the baseband/iOS version 4.3.5, you can still access those blobs to restore your iPad. Not that I'd advocate going crazy and causing your iPad to need a restore :)D )! Just to give you [a little] reassurance.

Hope this helps alleviate some concerns.

Marilyn

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your biggest concern is that you don't want to load anything, or do anything, that'll cause the iPad to have to be restored. Restoring, for you, will mean you will have to load iOS 4.3.5, which means the jailbreak is lost. So, just be careful...

Marilyn

Please forgive this noob for jumping in here. I've just become aware of iFaith, and as I understand it's function, if you are at 4.3.3 but never saved the blobs, you can still save them with iFaith. Am I misunderstanding this?

Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please forgive this noob for jumping in here. I've just become aware of iFaith, and as I understand it's function, if you are at 4.3.3 but never saved the blobs, you can still save them with iFaith. Am I misunderstanding this?

Thanks.

So much to learn young noob :)

iFaith only works on devices which are suceptible to the limera1n exploit. The iPad2 is not, so whilst iFaith is a great tool for iPad1 owners, it is of no use to iPad2 owners. It's for that reason none of the other JB tools, such as redsn0w, pwnage, sn0wbreeze etc. will work on the iPad2. They all need a bootrom exploit and none has been discovered for the iPad2 yet...

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, so much to learn.

Thanks for the info and your patience.

OP
A

Alex84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I fel confident to atleast try it since i got nothing to lose and worst case, i can restore the unit. Mutch appriciated the help :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alex84 said:
Thanks for all your help. I fel confident to atleast try it since i got nothing to lose and worst case, i can restore the unit. Mutch appriciated the help :)

I jail broke yesterday, so easy, so quick, so painless, so good so far. Like you say, you have nothing to lose.

The Archangel

Most reactions