What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I COULD get the iPad2!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I just talked with them and they said they just sold out for the day ~ but expect a shipment in the morning ~

No waiting list ~ first come first serve basis.

I am certain there will be two lines if you go down there, one for Marie forcing you past the displays for all their products and one for everybody else.....going straight to the iPad counter.

They say that Macs are more addictive than cigarettes!

The Archangel

You are hilarious. Hey ~ they love me down there ~ they just may bump me to the front of the line. :D

If I go ~

I know nothing about Macs. Nothing. But they are cool ~ I was always told two things:

Macs never get viruses and you really don't need a Mac unless you are making music?

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or babies.....then you can play the right music that you just made on your Mac....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You are hilarious. Hey ~ they love me down there ~ they just may bump me to the front of the line. :D

If I go ~

I know nothing about Macs. Nothing. But they are cool ~ I was always told two things:

Macs never get viruses and you really don't need a Mac unless you are making music?

NO, NO, NO, Everyone needs a Mac, if for nothing else then just to share the love!

Actually musicians love Macs, I spent a lot of time in recording studios in France.....everywhere Macs, wall to wall Macs! Of course now you can do anything on a Mac that you can do on a PC so it's Macs for the masses, you know what they say "go Mac, never go back".......or something like that......I think those holes in my skull are starting to cause me some confusion and what's worse, the anaesthetic is starting to wear off.......ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The Archangel

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
A word of warning - when I go to the Apple store I *never* come out without purchasing something. It's like a magic spell is cast over me and I go all weak at the knees and then, when I come out through the door, 'snap' - I recover and I see I'm carrying a couple of sacks of Apple goodies....but I have no memory of making the purchase.....

Tim
Scotland

Well look out, and avoid them!

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you're only problem is you're still talking about it...go buy it already...thing is rediculous... esp with n draft wifi...you should probably buy it from apple.com before a store though, stores get mass shipments tuesday, which is extras that are made...(first come first serve for online orders...)..obviously they know you want it, they don't know how many people at your apple store want it..even though they know some do, so they ship 10-20 a week maybe..of each model...

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I just talked with them and they said they just sold out for the day ~ but expect a shipment in the morning ~

No waiting list ~ first come first serve basis.

I am certain there will be two lines if you go down there, one for Marie forcing you past the displays for all their products and one for everybody else.....going straight to the iPad counter.

They say that Macs are more addictive than cigarettes!

The Archangel

If I go ~

and macs can get viruses...just so ya know..that's a huge myth...

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah they can get viruses, there just aren't many out there though. So people assume Macs are immune to them.

Back to the original topic. If I had the original iPad, theres a good chance I wouldn't have upgraded with this one and waited for the 3rd. But I avoided the 1st one and waited for this one, so I was getting one anyways. And felt like this one was worth if for the price difference between the 1st ones with a discount.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah they can get viruses, there just aren't many out there though. So people assume Macs are immune to them.

Actually, there aren't any Mac viruses in the wild. Trojan horses aren't viruses and require the user to install them. Macs can pass Windows viruses to other Windows users, but they don't affect the macs.

I'm happy that Apple keeps the App store locked down so I don't have to worry about any viruses coming from my iPad or iPhone.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We did our taxes last night and things are sweet.:) It is the last year I can claim my daughter though.:(

I so could get the iPad2! At least it was my first thought after I paid off my dentist and my car and toss some into savings!

I wonder though....

Sounds to me like you need to forget the new Ipad and put all the money into saving. Or you need to write your post so you don't sound so poor.

What are you talking about? Sounds like to me that I can do what I want with my money. Yes?

WTF he talking about..lmao. Definitely ignorant sounding.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually you shoul dbuy up all the hdmi dongles then re-sell them at a incredible mark up......

or.....

...let's just do what we always do. Hijack some nuclear weapons and hold the world hostage. Yeah? Good! Gentlemen, it has come to my attention that a breakaway Russian Republic called Kreplachistan will be transferring a nuclear warhead to the United Nations in a few days. Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like my priorities as well

Pay off the dentist, pay off the car and divide up the remainder in whatever way pleases you.

Happy new iPad. Or not. The original still works fine.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switching to all Apple. Good move

Well the honeymoon is kind of over for me and my iPad 2 :(. At the end of the day it is not THAT much of an improvement over my iPad 1. So I am going to be selling or returning mine. Instead I bought a MacBook Air that will hopefully get used more than my current laptop. My current laptop is an HP so going to sell that too... first time in YEARS that I won't have a Windows laptop.

Just throwing that there out for ya'! :)

Michael

You'll love the AIR. It is fast, light weight, SSD storage 128 GB and fast... battery life isn't 10 hours, but it has enough. The keyboard works a lot better than the virtual keyboard, even has a tab key and number in one view. Not so EZ to hold in your hand while reading, though... graphics aren't as good either... Intel stuff ya know.

Won't have to stand in long lines either.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually you shoul dbuy up all the hdmi dongles then re-sell them at a incredible mark up......

or.....

...let's just do what we always do. Hijack some nuclear weapons and hold the world hostage. Yeah? Good! Gentlemen, it has come to my attention that a breakaway Russian Republic called Kreplachistan will be transferring a nuclear warhead to the United Nations in a few days. Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Uh, Evil... one million dollars not what it used to be! :)

Michael

Most reactions