What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebay!!

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will always be scalpers.

It's basic economics. There is great demand for iPads right now and a very limited supply. Blaming scalpers for the black market is like blaming sharks for eating fish--it's going to happen no matter what. Apple is far more responsible for the black market than scalpers are because there would be no scalpers if there were a larger supply if iPads.

No one is forcing you to buy an iPad--and you certainly don't NEED one to survive. Scalping is capitalism in motion. The buyer pays a price that they believe to be worth the product's utility. It's neither wrong or right.

I think that Apple is truly responsible. When they come out with a new model and know that they dont have enough inventory ( believe me, they know all the stats), then the simple solution is to limit the quantity to two per customer.

This would Eliminate all the people on line who were buying 8 or10 and then shipping them overseas or right to eBay. It would also eliminate the story from the New York store about the lady who sold her spot on line for$900. You know that guy was buying more than one

I just reread what I wrote. Maybe Apple likes the frenzy they have created for the last month

That is the only way to o a fair control and if enough people would post these cooments on forums like this, then maybe would change it when I3 gets here

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that Apple is truly responsible. When they come out with a new model and know that they dont have enough inventory ( believe me, they know all the stats), then the simple solution is to limit the quantity to two per customer.

This would Eliminate all the people on line who were buying 8 or10 and then shipping them overseas or right to eBay. It would also eliminate the story from the New York store about the lady who sold her spot on line for$900. You know that guy was buying more than one

I just reread what I wrote. Maybe Apple likes the frenzy they have created for the last month

That is the only way to o a fair control and if enough people would post these cooments on forums like this, then maybe would change it when I3 gets here

Your "simple solution" is already in place. The limit has been two to a customer.

I guess if Apple is somehow responsible for the actions of individuals who re-sell iPad 2s for as much as they can get, then that same "logic" can be applied to scalpers worldwide, such as those who sell soccer/football/baseball, etc. tickets to popular, sold-out events. Or Toyota dealers some years back, who jacked up the price of the Prius when demand exceeded supply.

The reality is that if a seller has something to sell and a buyer wants to pay more than market price, cool. The seller makes a few bucks and the buyer is happy. Nothing unfair about that - no one has forced either party into the transaction.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've bought loads of things from eBay with no problems at all, even my iPad. I always use paypal with my credit card which gives me extra support. I was also worried about eBay but I needn't have.

Most reactions