What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 at Fry's!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was at Fry's Electronics ~ No one probably has heard of it before, pretty big here. Literally, actually!

Anyways ~ I asked them if they had the iPad2 and this guy looked it up in his computer and they had 20 of the 64 Verizon.

I asked him if there was one on display that I could play with and he said:

"Oh no, the second one won't be a display model" I asked him why and he stated that "because, that is the way it is, do you understand?"

Now, that was harsh, yes?:p

But they had quite a few, apparently. And my daughter said last yesterday that Sac State will be selling them soon as well.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was at Fry's Electronics ~ No one probably has heard of it before.

Anyways ~ I asked them if they had the iPad2 and this guy looked it up in his computer and they had 20 of the 64 Verizon.

"Oh no." That the second one won't be a display model" I asked him why and he stated that "because, that is the way it is, do you understand?"

But they had quite a few, apparently. And my daughter said last yesterday that Sac State will be selling them soon as well.

**Never heard of Fry's Electronics**!!!!!!!

Whenever I fly in to SFO, I'm straight onto the I-101, down to HillView Ave on El Camino and just a few yards further down, on the left hand side is a small road that leads to the Palo Alto Fry's. It's a mecca - my first stop - always!!

Tim

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was at Fry's Electronics ~ No one probably has heard of it before.

"Oh no." That the second one won't be a display model" I asked him why and he stated that "because, that is the way it is, do you understand?"

**Never heard of Fry's Electronics**!!!!!!!

Whenever I fly in to SFO, I'm straight onto the I-101, down to HillView Ave on El Camino and just a few yards further down, on the left hand side is a small road that leads to the Palo Alto Fry's. It's a mecca - my first stop - always!!

Tim

OMG. I know exactly where every inch is of that, Tim!! I use to live near El Camino!

Its A Small World, babe. I think that is a Disney ride....:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my pre-vegetarian days, I'm ashamed to say that a Big Mac was my favourite meal.....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
OMG. I know exactly where every inch is of that, Tim!! I use to live near El Camino!

Its A Small World, babe. I think that is a Disney ride....:)

And isn't it the most annoying tune ever! Couldn't get that silly tune out of our heads, I can still sing it now, aaggghh, gee thanks Sweet P for reminding me.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was at Fry's Electronics ~ No one probably has heard of it before, pretty big here. Literally, actually!

"Oh no, the second one won't be a display model" I asked him why and he stated that "because, that is the way it is, do you understand?"...

Just a note of caution. Before purchasing from Fry's it's a good idea to check their ratings with various online consumer sites. Suffice to say that the firm's reputation isn't the best...by far.

To be fair Fry's is such a huge retailer it may not be surprising that they would generate many complaints. Still, my experience in the past on two separate occasions has convinced me to never give them a third chance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't hate the staff at Fry's any more than I do. They're horrible. The store though.. oh.. the store.

We also have a store in the UK like Fry's - well, not quite, but perhaps our UK members will recognise it - begins with 'D' and ends with 's' - same type of store - OK, not so - well, US style - but the staff could be clones...

Didn't mention the name so I don't get a legal injunction ....

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My techie husband and I like Fry's selection and prices (though we still price-compare), but the service can be spotty.

My husband says he buys only unopened, original-packaging items from Fry's, because he returned something that was malfunctioning, told the clerk and later saw the item back on the shelf. Might be a one-time error, but who knows.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
We also have a store in the UK like Fry's - well, not quite, but perhaps our UK members will recognise it - begins with 'D' and ends with 's' - same type of store - OK, not so - well, US style - but the staff could be clones...

Tim

So, would that be like Dick's On(ion)s?

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

So, would that be like Dick's On(ion)s?

The Archangel

You got it in one....

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts