What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how long do ipads last

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until you leave it on a high ledge in a restaurant washroom and forget where you left it.

In anticipation of that stupid move, I installed FindiPhone.

Might there be a better app for this ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tron said:
Till the next new model comes.

That is not the answer. Question is about lifetime of iPad.
InHisName said:
Until you leave it on a high ledge in a restaurant washroom and forget where you left it.

In anticipation of that stupid move, I installed FindiPhone.

Might there be a better app for this ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB
Man was asking how long iPad will last electronically.
By the way, this is very interesting question..... Anyone here with iPad1?

Sent from my iPad 4

Last edited:

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, we still have an ipad1. My husband uses it all the time and it is really all he needs, though I do encourage him to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
michali said:
Yes, we still have an ipad1. My husband uses it all the time and it is really all he needs, though I do encourage him to upgrade.

Thank you for your reply. And for how long do you have iPad1? Any battery issue? Touch screen is still responsive?

Sent from my iPad 4

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Our iPad 1 is going strong for two years. My seven year old son has claimed it as his own so it's great for him. I have noticed it's starting to slow up a bit and apps tend to force close more often but it's still a beautiful device. My iPad 3 is going on a year old and performs as if I just took it out of the box

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My original iPad 1 is closing in on three years. I recently gave it to a teenager, who's happily using it. The battery was still going strong. It had gotten sluggish and crashed often when I had many tabs open while reading news and tech blogs.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
My original iPad 1 is closing in on three years. I recently gave it to a teenager, who's happily using it. The battery was still going strong. It had gotten sluggish and crashed often when I had many tabs open while reading news and tech blogs.

And that may merely be a symptom of the limited RAM in the first gen...

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Elizellen said:
Lots of us still have the original Ipad and are quite happy with it as it still does what it did when we bought it!!

There have been a few threads in the Ipad 1 forum recently where fellow original Ipad-ers have posted.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-1-forum/

Yes, it surely does what it did when we bought it.....I love my original iPad..

The only problem is the limited ram...browsers keep crashing...:(

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 for 18 months already and use it a great deal daily! So far it's holding up very well, since the day I bought it! :)

Yep, I bought mine in October of 2011 and its been basically perfect since then. Like most electronics, the hardware will last a long time but eventually it will struggle to run apps and software that get larger and more demanding. That being said, I expect my iPad 2 to be used for many, many years to come in some capacity. Even if it becomes just a Netflix or Hulu streaming device or music player. Good enough!

Johnboysupergolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only 5 months for me I'm afraid for my ipad3 wifi only then a communication problem rendered the speaker useless. Luckily apples customer service is legendary and they instantly replaced old for new.

Most reactions

Latest posts